• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who will be the one to eliminate Ash?

thumbs1

Reaction score
Who do you think ash is going to lose to this time? The only major characters known to be going on a badge quest are Shota and Tierno. Alain could be a possibility as well. He could lose to an unintroduced character. Or will he win it all?

Some (overpowered) mook who is introduced just before the League, or during it.

Heck, I figured that was just common knowledge by now.

Oh, it would be nice if he lost to someone we actually know and care about who's shown up enough, but we all know that is NOT an option :-(

Last edited:
Losing is a foregone conclusion. At this point, failure is the only option Ash has in the end.

I'm going to hope it's the kid who had a Grovyle (Shota, was it?). It's doubtful Alain would be interested enough in something like this to compete, unless he knew someone was packing a Megavolution. Although a diablolus-ex-machina is just as likely.

I'm obliged to agree that they'll probably throw in another Darkrai ex Machina, probably in the form of some overpowered mega to defeat Ash, who will only appear right before the league's start. As long as it's a good battle I won't really mind though; he'll lose any way so Ash might as well go out in a blaze of glory like in Sinnoh.

I also consider it a perfectly plausible scenario that they'll kick Scottie's character into high gear and have him show up at the Kalos League with a Mega-Sceptile, where he'll then proceed to use Ash's own teachings to wreck him in a student-becomes-the-master battle. Unlikely at the moment, but I figure they created Scottie's character for reasons other than just to see him get beat at every turn.

Personally, i would be happy if Ash lost to Gary who decides to come out of retirement lol

In all seriousness, i really hope we do not see another Darkrai type trainer. Nor do i want any of this mega evolution nonsense as well, i cannot describe how much i dislike the concept. I hope mega evolutions are kept as far away from the league as possible.

I do want to see Ash going out in a similar way to how he went out against Tyson in the Hoenn League. Go in with a bunch of good pokemon against a good trainer, lose a close match. The Tyson or Harrison type loss is acceptable.

Considering how often Ash has lost to someone who wasn't introduced until shortly before the league, any speculation at this point is probably an exercise in futility.

My top 5 speculations

1. Ash winning. Winning a league doesn't have to equal ending the show for good. Ash can always continue his journey as an experienced mentor.

If Ash loses, hopefully he's he runner-up.

2. Ash losing to Scottie. This would be a good scenario, where the underdog wins over the mentor. It would require some buildup before the league, but I can see this working way better than the Cameron wreck we had in Unova.

3. Ash losing to Alain. Now I know Alain doesn't look like one to collect badges, but he's aiming to be the strongest mega evolution trainer. Someone with a Mega could participate and pique his interest, or there could be a special prize where the winner of the league tournament gets to battle the champion Diantha. Alain would be definitely interested in that, since Diantha has a Mega Gardevoir. OR, Ash has a Mega evolving pokemon by then and Alain wants to battle him. This could be a mix of a Harrison/Tobias situation, but preferrably better.

4. Ash losing to Tierno. At least he's more interesting and better than Cameron...

5. Someone new. Again, as long as it's not another Cameron situation, I'm perfectly fine with anyone. Gary for nostalgia's sake would be great. Idk.

Who knows. Maybe Ash would win the Kalos League to change up the status quo (and then when he returns back to Kanto, he proceeds to fight Giovanni, who is riding on a Deoxys, on a Mega-Rayquaza alongside Mewtwo IN SPACE).

Based on what we have seen over the past two decades, the chances of Ash beating his rival(s) is 50%; if so, then there is a 75% chance that Ash will lose to the Tobias-expy. If he wins against said expy, expect another expy to be after him. The odds of Ash winning a major league is at this point is 999 to 1 (losers take all), all because of the status quo.

I'd be surprised if Ash does win, but I wouldn't expect that in the near future. If there's going to be a Generation X (this is just a saying guys), Ash will be no closer to becoming a Pokémon Master than he would today (which even then is no closer than he was back in Kanto).

One guest is that Max unexpectedly shows up and defeats Ash in the preliminary round.

Yeah, like that will be the day. If the "no ageing for Ash" theory is canon, it could be plausible for an adult Max to appear and curb-stomp Ash's team with the Ralts he befriended, now a Gallade capable of Mega Evolution. But again, chances of that happening is a billion-to-one odds (again, losers take all).

I... I have a gut feeling he's gonna win this time. I don't know exactly why, but this Ash might be the best trainer we've seen yet.

One guest is that Max unexpectedly shows up and defeats Ash in the preliminary round.

Yeah, like that will be the day. If the "no ageing for Ash" theory is canon, it could be plausible for an adult Max to appear and curb-stomp Ash's team with the Ralts he befriended, now a Gallade capable of Mega Evolution. But again, chances of that happening is a billion-to-one odds (again, losers take all).

Inb4 they bring in Wally to ruin Ash

Lord Trollbias, riding upon Mega-Latios!

Throw in a newly revealed Mega-Darkrai, and I'd almost be okay with that.

Seriously though, I still think it would be too much progression for Ash to win. If he wins here, then it would make it even more difficult to explain how he'll lose in the next region. It would just set a precedent that I don't think the show would want to deal with.

I do see Ash making it to the finals this time though.

None of Ash's major rivals have EVER won the league. A quick review:

Indigo League: Who knows?
Silver Conference: Harrison (met just a few episodes before)
Ever Grande Conference: Tyson (met just a few episodes before)
Lily of the Valley Conference: Tobias (met just a few episodes before)
Vertress Conference: Virgil (met just a few episodes before)

And now we have the upcoming Kalos League. Following the trend, my guess is that it will be some random rival met just a few episodes before.

And now we have the upcoming Kalos League. Following the trend, my guess is that it will be some random rival met just a few episodes before.
Gary is your 'Who knows?'

Gary is your 'Who knows?'

Gary didn't win the Indigo League, though. Neither did Ritchie.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom