• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who will you choose? Brendan or May?

Reaction score
Who will you choose as your Player Character?

I'm going with May because I already played as a boy in Y version, and as Brendan in the demo. Also, I like May's cute design :3

Going with Brendan because I don't like him as a rival and I prefer May as the rival, I also prefer Brendan's redesign to May's.

And since there's no character customization, people will be picking the character because of looks again and usually 'who has the best hat'.

I'm going with Brendan, as that was my original choice in RSE. Plus I'd rather have May as my rival, especially with her new battle start animations and such. And I've always found her more interesting as a rival, even though she doesn't follow through all the way in the original games. And I kinda like the setup of one male rival (Wally) and one female rival (May), makes things more interesting, akin to BW. So Brendan is my choice.

Since I'm getting both games, I'm going with both Brendan and May.

If I had to choose, it'd be May though.

EDIT:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Since there's no customisation, Brenden.

I can't decide (even though I was May in Ruby). I love both their designs. And their manga counterparts are also influencing the decision, which makes it all the more difficult. I must say, ORAS is the only game in which both main characters are equally appealing (at least in my opinion). Gah, and time is running out to choose aha.

At least it appears that we will be getting healthy interaction from the one we didn't choose though.

Ill choose May just because I'm a girl but if I end up buying OR Ill play as Brendan on that one.

Definitely playing as Brendan. I don't really like how they made May this super girly barbie shaped person. Literally this girl needs to eat something and fast. Also- where did her bandana go? I mean seriously the female protagonists are getting skinnier and skinnier throughout the years. They're supposed to be like 10 year olds, not supermodels.
(Cease rant)

I love Brendan's new design and his contest outfit is pretty cool too. Can't wait for the remakes to come out.

When I was expecting customization to come back I had my mind made up on May.

Now that it's not I'll go with Brendan and his sweet nonremovable hat.

Definitely going with Brendan on this one. If there's one thing I never like playing as, it's a girly-girl archetype... th-that contest dress... shudder...

Brendan. I prefer his design overall. Plus I prefer May as a rival.

However, as I'm getting both, I'll play as May on the second game I play.

I'll be going with the male, as usual. However, after a new game releases I usually play through the game as the canon PC, with which PC based off my version and the name of their manga counterpart (For example, since I have X I'll be playing through it as Calem), so I'll be May since I'm getting Alpha Sapphire. I also prefer her as a canon PC over Brendan (My own headcanon for PC's is Red, Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert, Nate and Serena).

Brendan. Yeah I'm a boy and I choose him at first place

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom