• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who would play Red and Blue in a potential live action film based on Gen I?

SUP3RN0VA

DR4G0N K1NG
Reaction score
I'm sure we are all well aware of 'rumours' that Live action Red and Blue films are either currently in development or will be potentially made if Detective Pikachu performs well. My question is, what cast members would you like to see play roles in a live action Red and Blue film if it is ever made? I'd mostly like to hear ideas on who you all think should play Red and Blue, but I'm open to discussing any potentials cast members for any characters in Red and Blue. Also feel free to discuss possible film title ideas.

Discuss.

Hasn't Red already been cast? He's in Detective Pikachu, played by Ryoma Takeuchi, a Japanese actor known for playing Kamen Rider Drive.

Is he? I've never heard that Trainer Red was supposed to be in this film. When I searched up that actor on Wikipedia, it just says he plays 'Pokémon Trainer' and doesn't specify any name. Has it been confirmed or specified that he plays Red?

Last edited:
Not sure. But considering they went with an ensemble cast for Detective Pikachu, I would expect the same for a movie like Red and Blue.

Ryoma Takeuchi wasn't confirmed to be Red. I don't think it matters because Detective Pikachu is set well after the Generation I events, and he probably doesn't speak English well enough to star in a Hollywood movie. It should be a Japanese-American actor no older than 18, but who knows.

Blue doesn't really look Japanese, so they have a lot more leeway with him.

Well with all the Hollywood whitewashing that we've had to deal with, I bet that they'd cast Caucasian actors to play both Red and Blue.

Last edited:
And, knowing Hollywood, even though Red and Blue have zero personality, they will find a way to botch it and make them in name only.

It will propably be 30% shipping, 60% talking about relationship drama, 5% funny gags, and 5% actual Pokémon-related stuff.

Something like this:

Ash: My name is Ash and today I will be a Pokémon master!
goes downstairs
Delia: Ash! There's a surprise for you at Oak's lab!
Ash and Delia go at Oak's lab
Oak: Have this Pikachu!
Pikachu: Pika pi!
Gary: Let's battle.
Ash: Ok.
Ash's Pikachu and Gary's Eevee have a short battle, won by Pikachu. The two boys hug and exit
ON ROUTE 1
Leaf: Oh no! Please save me! Team Rocket is attacking me!
Jessie, James, and Meowth do their motto
Ash: Don't worry!
Pikachu and Eevee fight against Meowth and win!
Leaf: Oh my heroes you saved me kisses Gary
Leaf, Ash, and Gary talk to each other for 10 minutes, then Leaf and her Clefairy join the team, then they go onwards to Viridian City
VIRIDIAN CITY
Old man: OH NO THE TOWN IS OCCUPIED BY TEAM ROCKET!
Leaf, Ash, and Gary: Oh no!
Ash: What should we do!
Pikachu: Pika pi!
Leaf, Ash, Gary, and the old man talk to each other for another 10 minutes. Now we're at half of the movie and nothing's particularly happened.
Then Ash looks around sees that some team rocket peons are purposefully drowning Misty, so he goes in the water, saves her, and kisses her.
Misty: OH MY YOU SAVED ME!
Misty and her Togepi join the team
Misty, Ash, Gary, and Leaf talk for another 10 minutes. Now the movie is 45 minutes in.
Looker suddenly appears
Looker: Now, guys, I have a suddening suspicion that the curent viridian gym leader is actually THE LEADER OF TEAM ROCKET!
Misty, Ash, Gary, Leaf: Oh no!
Misty, Ash, Gary, Leaf, and Looker enter the viridian gym in the night in spy gear and deactivate traps. Eventually they find Giovanni, who has a Super Mario accent.
Giovanni: You'll never defeat me!
Ash: No! We will!
There's a battle with Ash's Pikachu, Gary's Eevee, Leaf's Clefairy, and Misty's Togepi on one side, and Giovanni's Mewtwo on the other side. The heroes win, Looker arrests Giovanni, the heroes enter a door that was behind Giovanni the whole time, and there's a man tied there. Looker saves him.
Random man: You guys saved me!
Ash: Thank you.
Gary: Wait you look exactly like me!
Random man: Yes my name is Blue I'm your father and the real viridian gym leader, when you were born, Giovanni kidnapped me, and sent you to live with Prof oak.
Gary: Oh!
Gary, Ash, Leaf, Misty, Looker, and Blue exit the gym and get ice cream together
THE END

I want Ken Watanabe in the movie still. Maybe he can be a very yakuza-like Giovanni? That'd be extremely cool!

He could be Koga or Blaine if the movie gets to them.

But in the movie I wrote everything is recast to be racially varied.

Giovanni is italo-american and has the Mario accent.
Gary and Blue are black because of the black BFF trope, and Oak is a diff kind of black.
Delia and Ash are mexican mestizo, Leaf is asian, Misty is Irish complete with Irish accent and frickload of freckles, and Looker is played by David Tennant.
Jessie is swarthy arab and James is dravidic south asian.

Viridian City is New York city, Route 1 is some countryside in Ohio, and Pallet Town is some Californian suburb.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom