• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who would've been in your ideal Master's Eight?

I would have personally liked to see characters from older generations get some spotlight here, while also having the obvious choices from the current series, including characters that I feel like had a buildup, but no execution.

1-Leon
2-Cynthia She’s strong.
3-Nemona I personally think that her inclusion would have been a better lead-in to Horizons.
4-Tobias Revenge.
5-Alain Revenge.
6-Dino For everyone who doesn’t know who this is, Dino was a trainer that we saw on multiple occasions before the Unova league, and I honestly thought that Ash was going to make it to the finals of the Unova League, and lose to this guy, but instead he got beat by Virgil in the final, and I kinda felt robbed after watching Ash lose a Full Battle to a guy who only brought five Pokémon, instead of fighting this guy, and his stacked team.
7-Rinto I think they introduced this guy solely because they needed an opportunity to evolve Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d, and I feel like they also robbed us of a cool character.
8-Ash

I think that the bracket would have looked something like:
Round 1:
Ash vs Nemona
Alain vs Dino
Tobias vs Cynthia
Rinto vs Leon
Round 2:
Ash vs Alain
Cynthia vs Leon
Round 2.5:
Alain vs Cynthia
Round 3:
Ash vs Leon

Tbh I actually did enjoy the setup of the Masters 8 being made up of Champions, so I don't think I'd make a whole lot of changes. The most I'd do is swap Iris out for Alder, since her becoming a Champion offscreen and without even a proper explanation is a bit too much. Alain, meanwhile, just needed to have a better-written battle with Leon or to just be eliminated by Ash instead but if I had to swap him out for someone else, then my choices would be between Paul, Bede, and Karen. Paul should be self-explanatory, Bede is mostly because he's the only one of SWSH's major rivals who never had an anime appearance and I think it would've been interesting for him to show up here, while Karen is because imo Lance is honestly not really proper Johto rep at all and between the two Johto Elite Four members that never showed up in the anime Karen feels the more interesting one of the two (plus she would help keep the Masters 8 gender ratio a bit more even).

I would have personally liked to see characters from older generations get some spotlight here, while also having the obvious choices from the current series, including characters that I feel like had a buildup, but no execution.

1-Leon
2-Cynthia She’s strong.
3-Nemona I personally think that her inclusion would have been a better lead-in to Horizons.
4-Tobias Revenge.
5-Alain Revenge.
6-Dino For everyone who doesn’t know who this is, Dino was a trainer that we saw on multiple occasions before the Unova league, and I honestly thought that Ash was going to make it to the finals of the Unova League, and lose to this guy, but instead he got beat by Virgil in the final, and I kinda felt robbed after watching Ash lose a Full Battle to a guy who only brought five Pokémon, instead of fighting this guy, and his stacked team.
7-Rinto I think they introduced this guy solely because they needed an opportunity to evolve Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d, and I feel like they also robbed us of a cool character.
8-Ash

I think that the bracket would have looked something like:
Round 1:
Ash vs Nemona
Alain vs Dino
Tobias vs Cynthia
Rinto vs Leon
Round 2:
Ash vs Alain
Cynthia vs Leon
Round 2.5:
Alain vs Cynthia
Round 3:
Ash vs Leon
I mean I think Rinto's pretty cool, but I don't think he's strong enough to be in the top 8 highest-ranked trainers in the world.

Back
Top Bottom