• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's Ash's most neglected/undertrained pokemon?

If kingler can learn attacks such as x scissor and mud shot, it can certainly be unique. Plus it is an evolved Pokemon with hyper beam, something that corpish does not have

I have always thought of corpish as a kingler knock off.

I Agree but I was talking in terms if design, ash did not need a second crab like Pokemon. Kingler should have travelled with him for one series at least.

To me, Kingler has greater potential than corpish, unless corpish evolves, and even then, I would still prefer kingler.

I Agree but I was talking in terms if design, ash did not need a second crab like Pokemon. Kingler should have travelled with him for one series at least.

To me, Kingler has greater potential than corpish, unless corpish evolves, and even then, I would still prefer kingler.

The difference is Kingler was never intended to be the main water type of that gen as we had Squirtle. With Corphish, it was Ash's ONLY water pokemon for all of AG, which is why it got so much better treatment.

It's like in BW, we hardly see Palpitoad at all because of Oshawott.

Primeape is no longer ash's though, it has never returned to him, not even once, whereas char and squirtie have come back consistently

Kingler needs to go with ash on a journey and get some proper training, battle frontier was a great opportunity but say the writers had to use corpish instead

Actually Primeape still belongs to Ash, even the creators note this by continually showing him with Ash's Pokemon in beginning credits such as Be An Arrow! which does not feature Ash's Released, Traded, Temporary or Unofficial.

Also the top of this thread says "party, Oak's lab, and in training" and the official statement on Primeape is "In Training" so he would fit this category. So I would have to say Primeape

Unfezant. Only joking, I'll stop my birdwhoring a bit now that she's been getting some well-deserved action these last weeks. But yes, Gantoru hasn't been seen in months and Gamagaru hasn't gotten much of a spotlight since that Don tournament which name I forgot, or even the Driftveil Gym battle! However...I don't even know what the hell Muk has done, or 27 of his Kentauros for that matter.

Where would you even start?

Kingler
Muk
Tauros
Donphan
Unfezant
Snorlax
Heracross
Noctowl

Kingler, Muk ,and Tauros . Kingler hasn't been used in a long time if I remember right and Muk only a brief appearance in Sinnoh. Tarous since there is 30 of them and Ash hasn't used even half of them.

I'm going to be bold here but I feel that none of his Pokemon in general get much in the way of proper training, including Pikachu, who basically at this point is a walking buddy really.

It's funny how Primeape is even an issue even though we all thought it was given away ages ago.^_^

I'm glad that people think that Tauros is a factor because I believe it's more underused than even Kingler. Atleast Kingler had some moments in the Whirl Cup. And here people are complaining about Palpitoad....:drowsy:

Besides almost all of the ones everyone's mentioned on here, I'd definitely say Totodile was extremely undertrained. In "Imitation Confrontation", Duplica was shocked that Totodile hadn't even learned Hydro Pump yet. Even though everyone's favorite little crocodile appeared quite frequently throughout Johto, I'd say that Ash honestly failed to bring it up to a stronger level.

Besides almost all of the ones everyone's mentioned on here, I'd definitely say Totodile was extremely undertrained. In "Imitation Confrontation", Duplica was shocked that Totodile hadn't even learned Hydro Pump yet. Even though everyone's favorite little crocodile appeared quite frequently throughout Johto, I'd say that Ash honestly failed to bring it up to a stronger level.

Thats because Ash doesn't train his pokemon at least until late hoenn. He has fun and adventures with them only using them slightly towards team rocket which is not enough to level anything up.

I feel like all of his Johto starters were underdeveloped because his Kanto starters got all of the development. Bayleef was the only one that got development, most do to her crush on Ash. At least Cyndaquil got to evolve in DP, but throughout Johto they seemed to play second to the Kanto starters.

Pidgeot is probably still waiting in that forrest outside of Pallet Town for Ash to come and bring it back. *Insert forever alone meme*

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom