• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's better overall Ash or Origins Red?

Who's overall better?

• Ash

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Origins Red

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Ash is a little more developed, despite the constant resets in previous gens, while Red barely had character aside from what we already knew about him in game which isnt a ton.

Ash didn't know about pokemon basic things about his world like badges and the names of Pokemon in region he lives in and he has merch of in his room.

Origins Red tried to steal someone's Pokemon without realizing the immorality of it or what he was doing.

So they are about the same but point toward Ash for not being a sociapath even though he did some really dumb shit in Unova..

Red for me is too basic and lifeless in a way. Because Ash has had more screen time - he has shown a wider breadth of emotions and character development. To me, Red doesn't even seem to have emotions when it comes to Pokemon, I think the writers make him bond with his Pokemon e.g. Charizard when the story needs him too. Whilst, I hate Ash in the anime, he is just better. Probably because we have also got accustomed to him as well.

Ash: fully translating the game story didn't give Red time to really show himself beyond a few token battles. Plus credit to Ash, his full team versus half a team gym fights were no where near as brutally onesided in most of them as Red's were.

Ash: fully translating the game story didn't give Red time to really show himself beyond a few token battles. Plus credit to Ash, his full team versus half a team gym fights were no where near as brutally onesided in most of them as Red's were.
This in the last gym in Origins Red lost 5 pokemon to one pokemon even BW Ash didn't do that bad in his last gym.

This in the last gym in Origins Red lost 5 pokemon to one pokemon even BW Ash didn't do that bad in his last gym.

And I feel one could argue the downed Ash-Mons put up more of a fight than the downed Red mons. Ash's Pokemon were not taken down in single hits and they had at least some hint of effort to defeat.

And I feel one could argue the downed Ash-Mons put up more of a fight than the downed Red mons. Ash's Pokemon were not taken down in single hits and they had at least some hint of effort to defeat.
That's a good point to make as it makes it more interesting and fast-paced if they just don't die straight away. Also, it is good because it is another reason why the anime and games are separate which is how they should be in some regards :p.

I don't thinks it helps that I feel like they only show Origins Red's other pokemon it to make his Charizard look better. But with Ash even when his Ace of the region takes the spotlight his other pokemon where still able to look good and get some wins in battle.

I'll say Satoshi since Red had so little screentime there was almost no room for development in Origins. If it had become a series, then he could be the superior protagonist, depending on the series style.

I like Red more than Ash in every form of media, no matter how much exposure he gets.

I may not be too knowledgeable about the anime. All I know is that I enjoyed Red far better than I enjoyed Ash when watching both of those. There's hardly any logical reasoning I have to bring up here. Ash just seems really cheesy as a character somehow.

Red didn't raise a Bulbasaur, so I'm picking Ash.

Jk. It's pretty hard to choose for me-they're both pretty likable nice guys with big hearts for Pokemon. But Red actually succeeded in becoming a Pokemon Master, as well as catching (the then-known at the time) 150 Pokemon, so I guess he's better if we use that as criteria. I also liked Red's VA over Ash's current one, so there's that...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom