Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
Owning all your base
Reaction score
So are you gonna keep playing until the end of the franchise?

chum shamble
Reaction score
I hope to be dead before the franchise is.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit
Reaction score
I dunno, I suppose so, I have been whit it since Yellow, and are still playing it, if I was to quite I would most likely have done it already.

literal shrubbery
Reaction score
Uh...yeah, of course. There's no reason why I wouldn't.

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
I will watch it. I dont see a reason not to. Maybe the writing gets better.

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I am sure that if you ask this question in a primarily Pokemon forum, the response will definitely skew to the more positive response, because well, almost everybody here loves Pokemon, including me. I just love the designs of Pokemon, and Generation 5 is no problem for me.

Vintage
Reaction score
This really isn't about Black and White... I'm going to move this to Pokemon World.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Yes. Mijumaru needs some love, and if I'm not there to love him, who will?

Reaction score
Hopefully yes, if Pokémon stays as awesome as it is. About 5-6 years ago I wasn't that interested about Pokémon anymore and I thought that I've grown up from it. But eventually somewhere around 2006 I became a huge fan again and my enthusiasm towards the whole franchise is just getting better and better. Guess I'm even a more fan now than I was, when Pokémon first came here.

Leopard Owner
Reaction score
It is likely but I can't say it for certain. Yes, Pokémon takes up a good amount of my non-existant life, but I don't think it will continue as much when I get into the real life.

Last edited:
Reaction score
most likely. though, B/W have kind of made me lose my passion for pokémon but I'm sure I'll be able to soldier through that. Eventually...

I stuttered
Reaction score
I hope to be dead before the franchise is.
i second this. the franchise better be going on forever.

Hopefully yes, if Pokémon stays as awesome as it is. About 5-6 years ago I wasn't that interested about Pokémon anymore and I thought that I've grown up from it. But eventually somewhere around 2006 I became a huge fan again and my enthusiasm towards the whole franchise is just getting better and better. Guess I'm even a more fan now than I was, when Pokémon first came here.
i have a similar story. after i played emerald to death, i just kinda quit pokemon...until d&p. after that, i stopped playing until platinum, and again until hgss. finally now black and white is coming out and i'm back with the series.

i think everyone goes through ups and downs in interest and enthusiasm. it's only natural.

Impossible is only a word
Reaction score
I got Blue the year it came out, when I was three

No matter how bad it gets, I'll always love it, even if it's only because my nostalgia goggles have become permanently fused to my face.

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score
I don't see myself becoming disinterested in the franchise anywhere in the near future. Between the games and the creative/worldbuilding end on forums, I'll be into Pokémon for a while longer.

Reaction score
Yeah, I more then likely will.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old and watching since I was 3 or 4, I am now 12, so I don't think I'll be quitting any time soon.
That and I've spent over 3,000 dollars in Pokémon stuff. (I've been playing since Sapphire, I think.)
My sister just put Pokémon on the TV one day, and I was glued to the TV screen, so I won't stop any time soon.

Pokémon is keeping kids off drugs, so it probably won't end for a while..

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
Yeah, I more then likely will.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old and watching since I was 3 or 4, I am now 12, so I don't think I'll be quitting any time soon.
That and I've spent over 3,000 dollars in Pokémon stuff. (I've been playing since Sapphire, I think.)
My sister just put Pokémon on the TV one day, and I was glued to the TV screen, so I won't stop any time soon.

Pokémon is keeping kids off drugs, so it probably won't end for a while..
This. Except I've been playing since Red and Blue long ago.