• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
I don't think there's anything that can make me quit Pokémon. I quit Yu-Gi-Oh! after all my friends quit and the show stopped being good, but all my friends still play Pokémon, and even if they didn't, the games never get old. Before HGSS came out I actually started playing Gold again after I got tired of DP. And once I beat Gold I restarted Pearl. And with the new games looking as good as they do I don't see me quitting anytime soon.

I want Pokemon to quit before I die. Because I don't want to miss anything XD

Not me.

All of my obsessions fade, and Pokemon is starting to decline, for me. Tajiri-san doesn't work on the games anymore; it looks like Sugimori-san is going to pass the torch along to some of the other artists sometime soon. When the staff changes, everything changes. I like Pokemon for what it was - that first idea that Tajiri-san had when he was a kid.

That's not what Pokemon is anymore.

I'm moving away from it. Maybe I'll come back, but it won't be the same. There are other, wonderful things in the world to be discovered, and you can't see them if you limit your view of the world.

Hell yeah, I will keep loving Pokemon. It's too awesome to not continue with it.

Though I may sorta abandon it when I'm out in the real world, I will keep it on my mind :D Maybe even take all my Pokemon games with me and store them in a special place, maybe even pop them into a gaming system and play with it perhaps.

Even if the franchise stops, I won't stop loving it. Pokemon has burned a memory into my childhood that will stay with me forever ^^

Of course. Why wouldn't I? I mean, it's not like I've ever given anyone the idea that I leave video game franchises and their respective forums for personal... reasons... oh...

Well, I won't leave Pokemon.

It has been lacking in innovation recently. If Black and White can't bring forth anything new to the franchise, I couldn't see myself sticking around much longer. And of course, with such a large fanbase, it'd be foolish to assume GameFreak would sincerely try to bring forth any innovation anyway.

Of course, I'll be sticking with Pokemon. If you get into one side of Pokemon, then you can't help but get to the other sides of Pokemon as well.

i dont see why not, pokemon is one of the best and first games ive ever played, so i will stay with it, ahhhh i can see it now, im in the nursing home, my great grandchildren have come to visit, i say " come here young'ns, my pokemans let me show you them!" :lol:

Without a doubt I'll continue playing.

I want to be able to beat my sisters' arses at pokemon in any scenario... as well as my possible future children D:<

I'll be 40/50 and be in the mall saying "Screw you and yer charizard..I have a fucking AGGRON WITH HEAD SMASH" to insertchildnamehere

I've been into pokemon since 98' and I honestly can't imagine my life without it.

I'll love it forever.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom