• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
This game is so addicting for me, I don't think I'll ever give it up. As long as they give me more things to collect...I will continue.

Not me.

All of my obsessions fade, and Pokemon is starting to decline, for me. Tajiri-san doesn't work on the games anymore; it looks like Sugimori-san is going to pass the torch along to some of the other artists sometime soon. When the staff changes, everything changes. I like Pokemon for what it was - that first idea that Tajiri-san had when he was a kid.

That's not what Pokemon is anymore.

I'm moving away from it. Maybe I'll come back, but it won't be the same. There are other, wonderful things in the world to be discovered, and you can't see them if you limit your view of the world.

Exactly. I've been watching and playing since I was five - I'm sixteen now. Pokemon pretty much defined most of my childhood and I'll always be fond, but I'm not liking the look of where they're taking Gen V. I know things've gotta change but I don't like how they're changing right now and Black and White are really crunch time as to whether I continue my obsession or not. Although I am terribly attached and Pokemon really is the only thing I've had a constant obsession with rather than my usual on-and-off ways, I don't believe in making myself keep up with a franchise I'm not so keen on any more just because I put so much time and heart into it before. If it doesn't catch my eye any more I'm not going to bother. [/stingy skint teenager mode]

That said, me being so attached, I probably won't be able to resist at least trying every new game as it comes, unless they become utterly unbearable. The thing is, I get the feeling they're gonna have to run out of ideas eventually - and most of the new Pokemon really aren't doing it for me. They seem a little too gimmicky/cartoony. /shrug/ Idk, man. >.< At the very least I'll be sticking to the games I've already played and the Pokemon I already love.

Last edited:
My obsessions die after a while, because there was nothing keeping me glued to it.

Pokemon is different.

Therefore, I will keep lovin' it till the day I die.

Plus it's a good annoy topic for friends

Yes. I'll keep playing the games, as long as Pokemon still exists. You can never be too old for it.

I started playing Pokemon games since the Red & Blue days, and it won't stop anytime soon!

I've been playing since the beginning and I've only had one other game brand that I've stuck with, until recently. Pokemon ain't going anywhere for me (as long as I don't have to worry about a new system for until Gen 6).

I never abandon a gaming series I love. In the case of some, like Sonic, I still replay the originals... and only the originals. But rest assured, I still play new Pokemon games, and even if and when they start sucking horribly I will still play the old ones. When I first got into it over ten years ago, everyone said it was just one of my passing obsessions and that the fad would fade away. Three animation cels, thousands of cards, dozens of games, a ton of posters, rooms full of plushies and displays and a Snap Station later, I've proved them all wrong. I've stuck with it this long, there's no way I'm backing out now.

I got out of it once, but I don't intend on doing that again.
As long as this franchise succeeds in entertaining me whatever way possible, I'll stick to it.

Yes, Count me in! I will play pokemon games forever till the end of the franchise.

My guesses are that the franchise is going to fade somewhere between Gen VIII-X. Considering every Generation has three to four years, that would be about 30-35 years, a whole (real life) generation. Everything would change. And looking at Reshiram and Zekrom, or even Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, or even to the extent of the Regi trio, Pokemon is changing.
But regardless, Pokemon would be stuck as a sapphire in my heart forever.

We'll see...Im not too big on Gen V right now...Ill wait til the games / all the new Pokemon r released to decide.
But right now? No.

I'm playing to the end of the lives of either Pokemon or myself. And I hope it's the latter.

I don't see any reason to leave the fandom, so I'll be staying.

I am unsure at this moment. I really don't like any of the designs for the Pokemon. Except Wooguru (Wargle?). I think the typing for the legendaries is strange and the designs for all the new ones are getting to complex. I want to see more of game play, such as the Dream World, or the on line thingy, but I hope to see better Pokemon. None of the starters look appealing to me yet, which is a first in a long time. I will have to see when more or all info is revealed.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom