• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters

Axxonn

Owning all your base
Reaction score
So are you gonna keep playing until the end of the franchise?

I dunno, I suppose so, I have been whit it since Yellow, and are still playing it, if I was to quite I would most likely have done it already.

Uh...yeah, of course. There's no reason why I wouldn't.

I will watch it. I dont see a reason not to. Maybe the writing gets better.

I am sure that if you ask this question in a primarily Pokemon forum, the response will definitely skew to the more positive response, because well, almost everybody here loves Pokemon, including me. I just love the designs of Pokemon, and Generation 5 is no problem for me.

This really isn't about Black and White... I'm going to move this to Pokemon World.

Yes. Mijumaru needs some love, and if I'm not there to love him, who will?

Hopefully yes, if Pokémon stays as awesome as it is. About 5-6 years ago I wasn't that interested about Pokémon anymore and I thought that I've grown up from it. But eventually somewhere around 2006 I became a huge fan again and my enthusiasm towards the whole franchise is just getting better and better. Guess I'm even a more fan now than I was, when Pokémon first came here.

It is likely but I can't say it for certain. Yes, Pokémon takes up a good amount of my non-existant life, but I don't think it will continue as much when I get into the real life.

Last edited:
most likely. though, B/W have kind of made me lose my passion for pokémon but I'm sure I'll be able to soldier through that. Eventually...

I hope to be dead before the franchise is.
i second this. the franchise better be going on forever.

Hopefully yes, if Pokémon stays as awesome as it is. About 5-6 years ago I wasn't that interested about Pokémon anymore and I thought that I've grown up from it. But eventually somewhere around 2006 I became a huge fan again and my enthusiasm towards the whole franchise is just getting better and better. Guess I'm even a more fan now than I was, when Pokémon first came here.

i have a similar story. after i played emerald to death, i just kinda quit pokemon...until d&p. after that, i stopped playing until platinum, and again until hgss. finally now black and white is coming out and i'm back with the series.

i think everyone goes through ups and downs in interest and enthusiasm. it's only natural.

I got Blue the year it came out, when I was three

No matter how bad it gets, I'll always love it, even if it's only because my nostalgia goggles have become permanently fused to my face.

I don't see myself becoming disinterested in the franchise anywhere in the near future. Between the games and the creative/worldbuilding end on forums, I'll be into Pokémon for a while longer.

Yeah, I more then likely will.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old and watching since I was 3 or 4, I am now 12, so I don't think I'll be quitting any time soon.
That and I've spent over 3,000 dollars in Pokémon stuff. (I've been playing since Sapphire, I think.)
My sister just put Pokémon on the TV one day, and I was glued to the TV screen, so I won't stop any time soon.

Pokémon is keeping kids off drugs, so it probably won't end for a while..

Yeah, I more then likely will.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was 5 years old and watching since I was 3 or 4, I am now 12, so I don't think I'll be quitting any time soon.
That and I've spent over 3,000 dollars in Pokémon stuff. (I've been playing since Sapphire, I think.)
My sister just put Pokémon on the TV one day, and I was glued to the TV screen, so I won't stop any time soon.

Pokémon is keeping kids off drugs, so it probably won't end for a while..

This. Except I've been playing since Red and Blue long ago.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom