• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
Ya till the very dark end of the greatest video games ever made.

Pokemon is one of those few things in the world that you cant be to young or old to play and enjoy it.

Iv been thought alot with it from the glory days where it was so populer any thing that had the words pokemon on it was banned from school and when we had our schools own E-4 and man those where the days.

Now only me and one of my friends that i had to move away from still plays all others have been sucked into shooter.

But still im here till the end if i dont make it ill be 6-feet under with the last game that comes out till im alive.

probly will be a nintendo fan boy with games such as pokemon,zelda,mario,super smash bros,earthbound/mother and so meny toher great games that games that the only thing you do is kill can not ever replace.

Last edited:
I'll stay with Pokemon as long as I have a choice because its a part of my life i would never like to forget.

Hopefully yes. I've been a fan for almost eleven years and I won't give up on Pokémon now.

I was in 10th grade when Pokemon hit the US (really dating myself here), and to date, I haven't found another game I can use to satisfy my OCD the same way except WoW, and I think I've finally kicked that habit for good (says the realm first Light of Dawn who hasn't actually canceled his account or cataclysm pre-order yet). If only to ensure that five expansions down the road I'm not still raiding twenty hours a week and obsessing over server first heroic kills, I HAVE to keep playing pokemon.

Besides, it'll always be around. It's a Nintendo core property that's making money. Even having entire development houses pack up and leave doesn't stop them from continuing series less profitable than Pokemon, even if it means making the same game for ten years, then remaking them all from the start, then following it up with the same game except now you have a boat, they'll keep making them. It's what Nintendo does best.

Last edited:
I am sure one day the games well get to the point, were you are place into the game and be a part of it.

im 15 yr old boy who might be going out with another girl who plays pokemon and i still do also. i think its a cool concept with some pretty amazing graphics and music. i also love it cause it brings back great memories of my better childhood...

I intend on playing even after the franchise ends... and then get the rights to the title off of nintendo and continue the saga.

I wondered if parents will stay with Pokemon, with their children being around. That being said, I think I might not stay forever, because sometimes a break is needed to cure the Pokemon fever, and because new information on Pokemon is really tantalising. (And no, I am not a parent)

I hope it ends a little bit after I die.

and MIJUMARU FTW.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom