• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's gonna stay with Pokémon?

Are you going to continue following Pokémon with the release of Gen V?

• YEAH

Votes: 252 84.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I'll wait and see how Black and White are

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
I'll probably stay with Pokemon until the end. I know I'll be staying through this gen at least. Of course what comes next? Who knows...

Even if I don't feel the future generations I'll still love the past generations...

I'm excited for Pokemon Black and White! Can't wait to play it.

Mijumaru, Emonga, Wargle, and Chillarmy for the WIN!

Last edited:
Oh yeah I will stay! I love Pokemon SO much that nothing can make me stop watching it! (No, that doesn't mean that I sit in front of the TV all day :3)

Of course nobody on a Pokémon forum would say no. They'd be massacred.

I love the games, the cartoon, and used to love the TCG as well. I've been with the series since 1999 and I'm stayin' with it.

Of course. It's a nice time killer, and pretty much the last thing still alive from my childhood.

Given how long it's kept my interest, I'd have to say that I'd stick around.

I love the games, and I'll probably keep playing the old ones even after the franchise ends (which will be when people stop buying the games, really).

But yeah. I've been hooked since the Red/Blue days, and unlike some people, I stayed hooked. Soooo... That's unlikely to change.

TL;DR I LAV POKEYMANS

I'll stay with it.It's part of my life ever since i started liking it in 2008.And i hope that my economic condition would get better someday so i could enjoy the franchise like most people do.

I've liked Pokemon ever since I was nine, so I would continue to follow it. After all, I love everything about Pokemon, and having a new generation is just exciting! :D

I've always been a die hard pokemon fan since day one. While I enjoy the nostalgia factor, I always welcome the new pokemon, so yes, I'm definitely sticking with pokemon.

Hmmm, I hope to stay with pokemon. BW look pretty good. I guess it'll just depend on if I have the money to buy the games and if I'll have the time once I'm in the real world, but I would love to keep pokemon, because it has an amazing fandom and they make pokemon go way deeper than just the games XD

Hello,

I'm more of a fan of the ideology rather than the games themselves, which is why I chose "Not sure..."

My reasons are simple...to me it doesn't matter how much they change the design of the creatures, or the storyline, so long as they keep the theme that Pokémon are more than just animals you train, they're friends and companions.

Only when that changes, will I say farewell.

:cheers:

(Note: I'm well aware of how cheesy/corny this may sound)

I've kept up with the Anime throughout it's 10+ Year history.

I've played the games that go back to Red and Blue.

Now I look toward the future, and expect nothing less than greatness from my favorite Video Game series. :cool:

While BW hasn't been what I hoped for, there are still many things about it that keep my opinion about it, a positive one.

It would be a shame to give up on something that has been a major part of my life without experiencing everything Gen V and all other Gens have to offer. If I gave up on Pokemon, I'll end up regretting it when much older. So its better to not be completely satisfied now about the franchise than to hate myself for missing out on the positive side years later.

I agree with Jackie, there are pros to B&W and there are cons, but I'll sift through the cons and enjoy them none-the-less. So far, Black is awesome, and this is even without me knowing what's being said, and not being able to read the menus / items / attacks /what-have-you. XD; Sooo while my opinion on some of the new designs is poor, the franchise as a whole is still going strong, and I plan to stick to around. >__> I haven't followed it for over 12 years for no reason.

Im going to play until I cant afford it anymore. Hopefully I can get a job soon-ish, so I can afford my pokemans fix. :embarass:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom