• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's release was Worse? Greninja's or Ambipom's?

Who's release was Worse?

• Greninja

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Ambipom

Votes: 43 84.3%

• Total voters
I actually have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. See, there's a good chance Greninja might be returning in Journeys, based not only on that recent bit of information we received about Ash's rivals returning, but also this https://twitter.com/Mootmonthly/status/1469288488864518145. Now, I'm not sure if that's official of not, but if it is, Greninja's return is all but guranteed, and with it, perhaps a chance of redemption against Alain and ol' OP Zard (assuming he's also one of the rivals who returns.)
I saw the original tweet a day or two ago but decided against posting anything because the two translation tools I use give fairly different outputs.
Google gives the one from above:
"It looks like it's okay for Kalos members to come out soon"
But Bing gives something fairly different:
"It looks good if the Caros members come out soon."

Plus he posts art that isn't related to what's going on in the show pretty often. He's posted Paul, non-anime characters, Ash in the style of older series', Crystal, etc.

That said Greninja returning isn't impossible, especially since it's such a popular species, but considering how this series works it's entirely possible he'd just pop in to say "hi" for one episode and either return to helping with the Flare aftermath or go to the lab but remain unused.

I think Greninja’s release happened because they wanted to give it a different fate than “standard Oak PC box”, like Charizard. The writers can easily make it return if they wanted to.

I personally found Ambipom’s sudden release strange. That would be like Dragonite suddenly leaving Ash to stay with a group of Professional Eating Pokémon Club in that JN filler. Much worse than Greninja imo.

My thoughts on Greninja's release are very much coloured by the fact that I hated absolutely everything about the entire concept of Ash-Greninja and outright wanted that fucker to go away and never ever return, by whatever means necessary. My patience for Journeys has already grown thin because of Lucario, pulling his Greninja back would personally be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It may well lead Journeys to become my all-time most disliked series.

So, yes, I'm more annoyed by Ambipom's release by complete default because nothing whatsoever about Greninja's release would dampen my delight to see it leave. I got what I wanted out of that episode.

My thoughts on Greninja's release are very much coloured by the fact that I hated absolutely everything about the entire concept of Ash-Greninja and outright wanted that fucker to go away and never ever return, by whatever means necessary. My patience for Journeys has already grown thin because of Lucario, pulling his Greninja back would personally be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It may well lead Journeys to become my all-time most disliked series.

So, yes, I'm more annoyed by Ambipom's release by complete default because nothing whatsoever about Greninja's release would dampen my delight to see it leave. I got what I wanted out of that episode.
Ash-Greninja is a good concept with terrible execution. And there was great execution until the Kalos League and then Greninja jobs
Why do you hate Ash-Greninja

Ambipom couldn't decide WHAT she wanted to do. I think she went to Vermilion City and then never came back. Isn't Ash based there now in Journies? Pretty sure she quit a month in and got interested in something else.

Greninja on the other hand became Zygarde's bodyguard and still hasn't come back either.

Greninja's release doesn't make very much sense but at the very least it doesn't make him look bad like with Ambipom.

It's definitely no disagreement that these 2 releases have been arguably the most controversial for reasons

And I want to know who's release do you guys think was worse?

Ash_and_Greninja.jpg

Greninja leaving to find Zygarde cells?

EaBzlTnWkAEluT6.jpg

Or Ambipom leaving after discovering a passion for Ping Pong?

Tell which one you hated more and Why?
I find it ironic that these two releases are the most controversial releases in the Series, and they come from the two Series much of the modern fandom cannot seem to concede any flaws at all exist with (despite when people point their various flaws out, get attacked viciously often times, not everyone thinks XY is the best Series at all or thinks DP was the best of the first three Series- I absolutely don't, as Ash is not the only important character to me even if the core one).

Anyway, as a boy I suppose Ambipom made me more upset personally, it indeed got Primeape'd.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom