• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's smarter: Pikachu or Meowth?

Whos smarter?

• Pikachu

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
To me, Meowth always seemed smarter with his genius ideas and working of technology.
Pikachu is smart in his own ways but..What do you guys think on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to the Grand Festival as it follows the guidelines for a GF thread:

Contest threads which have a poll and pitches characters or other Anime related entities against each other.

As for the topic itself, I took Meowth to be more conventionally intelligent: he's imaginative and able to come up with long-term plans and strategies. Pikachu seemed less the type to plan things out and more the type to think on its feet, like Ash. We've seen Pikachu able to form quick plans in the Subway two-parter.

I'd say they're equally intelligent, but in different ways.

Eh, I think that Meowth is more booksmart and that Pikachu is more street-smart. Neither one is better than the other, so they're equally as smart in my book.

It is so hard to call but I say a Tie but I can Only choose one so I am going to have to go with Meoeth because is he is just too funny.

I went with Pikachu, cuz he's in the good side. Mewoth is actually a Person Pokemon, and is no longer in character with BW Trio

Meowth. There is no way Pikachu is smart enough to do some of the things he does.

Meowth. LOL
I loved his smartness conflicting with his stupidity. But his ideas are awesome.

Meowth is a Criminal mastermind and can SPEAK. Doesn't that officially make him smarter?

Meowth is a Criminal mastermind and can SPEAK. Doesn't that officially make him smarter?
Just because he can speak doesn't necessarily mean he's smarter. Most Pokemon understand human language, and Pikachu has developed ways to communicate with his Trainer through visual cues. Speaking human is a skill that just takes time and practice.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

--Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (I just really wanted to use that quote in this thread.)

Definitely Meowth. When Pikachu masters human speech, I'll think about it.

Meowth. He can build machines, talk, think up crafty plots, and whatever else you can imagine. You need to be smart to do that. Pikachu is poisoned with Ash's ignorance, so Meowth is most certainly smarter.

Back
Top Bottom