• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's the fastest pokémon?

pokechamp116

THE ULTIMATE PSYCHO
Reaction score
we all know weavile's pretty fast. so are pidgeot, lucario, and the dogs. but, who's the fastest?

you know, base stats for every Pokemon aren't that hard to look up. But to answer your question, Deoxys Speed Forme is the fastest. Although Tekkanin (Ninjask) could easily surpass it in a turn given its ability, and Flowsel beats out both of them when Swift Swim's in play. Yeah, even with Pokemon that have the same levels, IVs, EVs, etc., it's still rather situational.

Yamato pretty much covered it. Deoxys-S has the highest base Speed at 180, followed by Ninjask at 160. Abilities such as Speed Boost, Swift Swim, etc. and priority moves like ExtremeSpeed have an influence, of course.

Weavile's base Speed is 125, which is pretty good, but Pidgeot's base Speed is a comparatively low 91, and Lucario's is only 90.

I can't see this thread lasting too long.

Last edited:
Thats battle speed he was asking for speed overall. I think its Pidgeot, it can reach mach 2, no?

Dragonite can circle the globe in 16 hours. That would be 1556 mph (considering the Pokemon world is the same size.)

Mach 2 would be about 1300 mph depending on altitude.

In the animé in the first series, someone said in the Race episode, "Ponyta has evolved into Rapidash! The fastest runner in the world of Pokémon!"

Seeing as the Johto Pokémon and future generations hasn't been released, I'm not sure if this is true now.

And in terms of stats, wouldn't it be Deoxys' Speed forme?

In the animé in the first series, someone said in the Race episode, "Ponyta has evolved into Rapidash! The fastest runner in the world of Pokémon!"

Seeing as the Johto Pokémon and future generations hasn't been released, I'm not sure if this is true now.

I'll need to confirm if this line was said exactly like that in the Japanese version... but no. Marumain was the fastest Pokemon for the first two generations, though even if you count land-based Pokemon with legs, Thunders was at the top. Hell, even Kentauros is faster than Gallop.

Windie has a base of 95, Gallop has 105. Kentauros has 110, more than both of them.

Last edited:
mind using the english names? i dont know who kentauros is or windie or whoever. and, I wasn't speakng statwise, just overall. but seriously, who?

Japanese names aren't difficult to look up either... you have something against doing research, don't you? Fine, I'll wipe your ass for you again, Master, but in the future, you may wanna look at Bulbapedia or something.

Gallop=Rapidash
Windie=Arcanine
Kentauros=Tauros
Thunders=Jolteon
Marumain=Electrode

Also, you can't determine how fast each Pokemon is by their flavor text, mainly because the Pokedex is full of bollocks on several occasions. Thus, in-game stats are really the best way to compare one Pokemon's strength to another... some may like to argue that the games are anything but logical, but in this case, I think the base stats actually tend to be sensible most of the time.

Though if you wanna get technical, any Pokemon using a priority attack is going to be insanely fast, albeit momentarily. In Japan, Quick Attack is called "Denkousekka" (Lightningspeed), and given the function of the attack as well as the super powers of Pokemon in general, it's not all that unreasonable to assume the name is actually accurate and any Pokemon using the attack would flash around the field like a DBZ character in order to strike their opponent (though the anime portrays it a lot slower, many take anime canon with a grain of salt).

I think Kentauros is Tauros, Windie is Arcanine, Gallop is Rapidash, and Thunders is Jolteon. Those are just educated guesses, though.

Anyway, Statwise = Overall. Whoever has the highest base Speed is the fastest Pokemon.

If we're going the anime or by Pokedex entries, those notoriously condradict one another. They can't be taken seriously...

EDIT: Oop, Yamato beat me to it.

ouch! yomato-san, that really hurt. i dont look things up because i can barely get online as it is, and im really popular online so i have a very busy scheadule. i dont have time to look up minor things, while im not even supposed to be online right now. and thanks shipreck kelly, for explaining it nicely! seriously, that hurt. =(

ouch! yomato-san, that really hurt. i dont look things up because i can barely get online as it is, and im really popular online so i have a very busy scheadule. i dont have time to look up minor things, while im not even supposed to be online right now. and thanks shipreck kelly, for explaining it nicely! seriously, that hurt. =(

nothing you said makes an ounce of sense, but I will say that when you're on the internet, you really need to not be a fucking crybaby. A lot of people out there are pretty harsh, but they give great advice. You shouldn't really judge them if they curse a bit because they don't take shit from idiots... now I would apologize for going off-topic, but now I'm left wondering: does this thread even have much of a topic now that the question's been pretty much answered?

okay, im taking our conversation off this thread. my question hasn't really been answered.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom