• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

My buddy is currently Misdreavus. It's one of the only Pokemon that I still need candy for for the eventually Gen IV drop. That and Gligar I think I still need candy for as well
I'm way more than done with Misdreavus thanks to the nest in the seaside park a while ago, 400 Candy and 8 individuals ready to evolve. Gligar I have about 90 Candy for and will definitely be ready for two Gliscor by the time Gen IV hits.

The ones I find very hard to deal with are Lickitung, Porygon and Togetic (thankfully I've already hatched 2 Tangela and am at ~35 Candy so 50 won't take long); now that I got Venusaur I've changed my Buddy to Togetic, because unlike Lickitung/Porygon which hatch off higher distance Eggs (and will thus award more Candy whenever I hatch any), Togepi hatches will only give me few Candy each time and getting to 100 otherwise will take way too long.

I also have plans to switch to Eevee whenever I get high CP/IV ones, so I can do the 10km walked day evolution trick to get good Espeon.

I already have enough candies to evolve my Togepi, but because I'll need more candies for a Togekiss and I rarely find any Togepi eggs, I'll take a break for it for now. The chances are pretty good that I'll walk with it again in the future.

In the meantime, Larvitar is now my Buddy Pokemon. I can almost never find a Larvitar egg, so I've been planning on doing this for a long time. I was going to wait to see if I could find another Larvitar egg just to reduce the walking I'll need to do, but with the Halloween event coming up, I decided to use most of my Rare Candies and make it my Buddy Pokemon. Hopefully the walking I'll do later today and tomorrow before the event starts will result in getting at least one candy by the time the event starts.

Zexy totally reminded me of Togepi needing more candy for a second evolution, so that's been my buddy for a while. I only have 3 Togepi candy at the moment. XD
Poor you, you thought you were done xD Although now with the reduced Buddy distance event you may want to rethink of it and delay it so you can get something more useful.

Speaking of this event, I'm also leaving Togetic be for now and going back to Larvitar. I'm at 75/124 and the plan is to get a second good (50%+ IV, Level 30) Tyranitar before the event is over thanks to the reduced distance and some luck on encounters/Eggs under double Candy. I then have plans for a second Dragonite, a first good Blissey and Snorlax in that order, but I probably won't do them all in time.

I got enough candy to evolve my larvitar but after getting enough I realized I had nothing else I really wanted/needed as my buddy so i decided to keep larvitar as my buddy, I'm probably gonna keep it as my buddy until I get 1k walked with it.

I walked 60 km with Draonair in a single week :O OK, some of this "walking" was train/tram rides but still. In the entire Adventure Week event I've walked the Dratini back then for only 40km, so this is a pretty big difference. 60/2.5=24 candy, not bad. Adventure Week was 40/1.25=32 Candy, though, because the distances needed were smaller for that one; but for an event whose main attraction (other than Rock-types which didn't appeal to people who already had them) was Buddy Candy, getting as much in this event (well technically not but I did walk Larvitar enough before this too) makes it feel a bit underwhelming in comparison.

Anyway, with Dratini Candy at 157 (thanks to a few lucky catches in the seaside park too) I decided to let it be for now and get back on Larvitar. I'm also letting Blissey/Snorlax be, better focus on attackers over defenders. My Larvitar Candy's up to 137 once again (thanks to a very lucky Tyranitar and 2 Larvitar spawns today) but there's always need for more, the Tyranitar I'll evolve will need powerups too.

And now that I hatched a Larvitar from a 10km and got 2 lucky catches, I'm up to 202 Candy there and am back to Dragonair lol yay switching between the two all the time...

I'll probably get one more Dratini Candy and switch to the first Eevee I plan to evolve into Espeon though, because I doubt I'll walk much more in the last day of the event.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom