• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

I currently have a recently-evolved Charizard as my buddy, since I now have two Charmanders and no Charmeleon. I'm really just trying to collect them all, as well as finish up my Kanto Pokédex as best I can.

Now's a great time to do that since we have this event going on :) Good luck with that!

I'm back to Lileep, I'm thankful the half buddy distance also applies to it.

Now's a great time to do that since we have this event going on :) Good luck with that!

I'm back to Lileep, I'm thankful the half buddy distance also applies to it.

Hey, thanks! I completely forgot about the event, but I do hope I can sort my Kanto dex out before it ends. :eek:

Also augh, Lileep is one of the Hoenn pokémon I'm missing, I've seen loads on gyms in my area, but I myself have never even seen one on my 'nearby' list. It's an elusive one, alright!

Got done with the Magikarp evolution, so I switched to Larvitar. Thanks to the event reducing Buddy distance, 5km Buddies are the most useful at the moment; and I have a 98% Tyranitar in the process of powering up, so I prioritize that over what I'd normally go with (Porygon, for the Gen IV Pokedex).

I got a lucky Porygon catch with Pinap during the event, which nullified my need to put Porygon as a Buddy.
So the only Gen IV evolution I'm not ready for is Gallade, and I don't think saving up 125 Ralts Candy is worth the effort at this point, particularly as I'd be very inclined to spend it on Gardevoir instead.
Which means, I'm finally moving on to that last sweet category of Buddies... the totally useful ones. As of now, I'm sticking with Larvitar for just a bit more as I'd like to give my second 98% a few more powerups. Not sure what I'm gonna do next.

Currently Wailmer.
I got enough stacking of Magikarp candies. But far from buying a Gyaradosite when Mega Evolution will be included.
When each Mega Stone costs twice the candies needed for second-stage evolution, then Gyaradosite and Altarianite would cost whopping 800 Magikarp and 800 Swablu candies respectively.

I got enough candies to evolve my Wailmer. Thanks to the Pinab berries, hatching a few Wailmer and the reduced distance during the event, it was much easier and faster to get to four hundred candies than I expected it would.

Feebas is currently my Buddy Pokemon. I didn't realize that I had to walk with one in order to evolve it, but that is a unique way to setup an evolution instead of just putting in another evolution item. It shoudln't take me too long to walk twenty kilometers with it and getting a Milotic definitely sounds nice too.

For a very quick while, I switched from Larvitar to Magikarp and then back to Larvitar. This was so I could quickly get done with a "Earn 1 Candy walking with your Buddy" Field Research Task.

I got enough distance to evolve my Feebas. My current buddy Pokemon is Lotad. I didn't find too many Lotad during the Earth Day event, but I did manage to find a good wonder one. Unless I find a few Lotad eggs or find more to catch, it's going to take a long time to get enough candies for its evolution, but I'll be able to get enough eventually.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom