GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got enough candies to evolve two Hippopotas, although I'm still hoping to eventually hatch a good one since it's so rare to find them out here. I had a Clampearl as my Buddy Pokemon during most of the Water Festival. I'm still disappointed that I didn't find any new Shiny Pokemon, but at least I have enough candies to evolve one Clampearl.

For now, my Buddy Pokemon is my Shiny Feebas in order to complete the Jirachi event. It will take awhile to get through this stage, especially when I haven't found a lot of Whismur lately, but I've been meaning to make this Shiny Feebas my Buddy Pokemon for awhile now anyway.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
Got done with the Feebas evolution, switched to Magikarp for a little bit to get the "Earn 3 Candies walking with your Buddy" part as soon as possible, since it was still Water Festival and I could do it with just 1.5 km
Once that was done, back to our regularly scheduled Gible

Reaction score
Gone through quite a few buddies since I last posted here. After I finally got enough candy to evolve a Clamperl into Gorebyss, I swtched to my shiny Luxio so I could evolve t into Luxray, though I hatched quite a few Shinx during that time so I didn't need to keep it on for long. After I was done with Luxio, I switched to feebas so I could evolve it for the Jirachi research, followed by a shadow Magikarp (because :wynaut:) and now its a Kanto Vulpix taht I nicknamed after myself (of course I have loads of Vulpix candy, but I don't have anything I need to walk right now so I'm just using it as a placeholder buddy.

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was able to evolve my Shiny Feebas for the Jirachi event, so now I have a Shiny Milotic. My current Buddy Pokemon is Gible, but I might take that out for another Pokemon. It will take me forever to evolve a Gible at this rate, while I could at least get more candies for other Pokemon faster and it might be better to just hope for another lucky Gible egg among my ten kilometer eggs instead.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Haven't been playing much Go this summer because work, but now that I'm not working and Gen 5 is out I'm trying to play more. Really wish Adventure Sync worked properly on my old phone because I could have gotten candies for a lot of evolutinos I need with my buddy Pokemon while working since I walk so much at work. But now that I do have a new phone that can do Adventure Sync, I'll be working on some more of my Sinnoh Dex, since I still haven't Golded that one yet.

So since I am working on that, I am going to be rotating through Shellos and Finneon for candy, and my recently caught Blitzle also for candy, but also because Blitzle is adorable and I like walking with it.

Purple Poison Pupa
Reaction score
Still the same Klink, but I’ve nicknamed it “Plus,” because I have a Klink with identical CP and stat distribution, which I nicknamed “Minus” because they’re long-lost twins :v

Reaction score
Finally got enough candy to get my Lucario took long enough so now it's been swapped to an Abra as I have a pretty strong one I'd like to evolve.

running on a loop
Reaction score
I've got my Lombre as my buddy right now since I'm trying to get enough candies to evolve it into a Ludicolo.

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got enough candies to evolve my Gible. Even though it took ages to do so, it was better than hoping for another lucky egg since I still haven't hatched a second Gible or a single Deino for that matter.

My current Buddy Pokemon is Snivy. Even though the Unova starters are pretty rare, I've managed to catch and hatch a few Snivy, so it won't take me nearly as long to evolve one like it did with Gible.

running on a loop
Reaction score
Finally got enough candies to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, so I've swapped over to Kirlia. I have enough candies to evolve a Kirlia into a Gardevoir, but I need more to get a Kirlia into a Gallade. Probably gonna be a while before I get enough candies for it since Ralts is a rare spawn here, but hopefully with me playing more and walking around more, it won't take too long.

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
My buddy is a purified Dragonair. I've been hoping to get a Dragonite for quite some time! After I get that Dragonite, I'm gonna go with my Chansey. After all, Blissey is just made for defense on Gyms.