• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

After exactly 100km alongside Dratini, 40 of which during the Adventure Week event, it's time to switch. I'll miss it as a buddy, but it's still going to be around as my one and only Dragonite!

For now I've got Larvitar but I'm considering a few other options. Mostly Porygon.

I finally got enough candies to evolve my Mareep. I almost wish I had walked around with Flaaffy for awhile since it looked so cute in the game, but I wanted to wait until I had enough to evolve it all the way to Ampharos anyway. It only took me about a month and a half to walk one hundred and thirty kilometer. That wasn't as long as I expected, so that was good.

My current Buddy Pokemon is Chansey. I want to finally get enough candies to evolve it into a Blissy. Even during the Valentines Day event. I couldn't find too many Chansey. I am planning on using some Rare Candies to reduce the distance I'll have to walk, but I'm going to wait until my next couple of ten kilometer eggs hatch in the off chance that one of them turns out to be a Chansey.

Switched to my newly hatched Togepi, because I feel like getting Candy for Togetic is going to be very hard otherwise, compared to getting Candy for Pupitar/Tyranitar.

Larvitar has only walked 10km with me for now.

Graveler because Geodude are super rare in my area and I want a Golem

I wish trading were a thing. I'm missing out on many Pokémon which other people on here are finding, and I have TONS of Pokemon which people on here find rare, but are ultra common here. I now capture geodude only for the mad chance that one of them turns out to be a ditto.

Santa Pikachu since I want a Raichu. Currently at 46 candies. Hope that one of the July-eggs hatch into Ash-Pichu since this Pikachu is way to weak...

Switching to Larvitar for the duration of the event.

Togepi never managed to do its 3km, but upon the event going live I did get 2 Candies as the new Buddy distance applies.

I'd rather make optimal use of the reduced Buddy distance and have a normally 5km tier Pokemon as a Buddy for the duration, so back to Larvitar I go.

Together at last. So happy. :D (Lugia has been my all-time fave since 1999!) On our fourth encounter, the God of the Sea deemed me a worthy companion, and deigned to travel with me on my Pokémon journey.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 22
After 2 Larvitar Candy I switched back to Togepi because there's no chance I'll get enough distance for another Larvitar Candy before the event is over.

Croconaw is mine right now. I gotta say, he looks so derpy in both the mini portrait in the world, and when looking at him next to your character. He's all cross eyed and hilarious looking :D

After hatching 3 Chansey with Blissey as my buddy, switched to Ampharous in hopes of hatching a Mareep during the event which my last 10k egg did.

Magneton to get some power up candies. At least until I can go to a nest to catch a bunch of Magnemite.

I've got Snorlax right now. Which is, admittedly, kind of dumb because it doesn't evolve. But I still think it's funny that a Snorlax is getting exercise alongside me whenever I go out to play GO.
You are still going to need Candies to evolve Munchlax whenever those get released. But even without taking that into consideration, I know lots of people who are done with all the currently available Pokedex and focus on Snorlax or Chansey Candy to use for Gyms. Particularly my few Level 40 offline friends I met while playing in the same Lures as them during some events.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom