• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Who's Your Buddy Pokemon?

I finished getting enough candies to evolve my Snivy awhile ago, but I wanted to reach the Best Buddy rank. I really like the new Buddy Pokemon features, but I do wish that it was easier to cut the candy distances in half. That was one of the main selling points for it and getting a Pokemon excited seems to be only worthwhile for me to do during Community Days. It is still fun to have more interactions with your Buddy Pokemon and seeing them walk alongside you in the game is great too. I also still have a good amount of Snivy candies left due to walking with one for awhile and hatching a few from the two kilometer eggs, so that will help me to collect more candies for the inevitable Snivy Community Day event.

My current Buddy Pokemon is Oshawott. It is really adorable to see eat berries and walk alongside me in the game. It's probably going to take awhile longer to get the candies I need to evolve it, but I'll be able to use that time to increase its Buddy rank.

After finally getting enough candies to evolve a couple Kirlia into Gardevoir and Gallade, I've finally been able to switch my buddy over to Vigoroth to start collecting candies for a Slaking.

I finished getting Oshawott candies awhile ago, but I still wanted to get it to Best Buddy rank. It's still pretty handy for starter Pokemon since that does make it easier to get more candies for their inevitable Community Days. My current Buddy Pokemon is Scraggy. It's the only one I've gotten from the Pokemon Go League rewards, so I'll eventually be able to evolve it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom