• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's Your Favorite Pokemon? (Looks-Wise)

Hedface

Feet/toes
Reaction score
So we all love Pokemon for different reasons...battle style, anime appearances, usefulness in competitive play, drawing styles. But I was wondering if there are any Pokemon you guys love on a purely aesthetic basis.
Ex: Even though its stats are awful, I like the Mightyena line and the way it looks, although I would never use him in a battle.
Does anyone else have similar preferences?
(Apologies if there is already a thread like this, I did not find one.)

Mod Note: When posting in this thread, please remember to list at least one reason for why said Pokémon is your favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite Pokemon is still Bulbasaur.

However, I do like Luxray, Braviary and Glaceon primarily for their looks.

I still like Seviper. It's looks are simply cool. I would TOTALLY use Seviper in battle, but that's just because I battle for fun.

Anyway. The reason why I like it is, well, all of Seviper. An awesome blade for a tail, large fangs, beady eyes,lovely colors and smooth-looking scales.

Glaceon is very cute! Zangoose is another one that looks awesome, but I personally just don't find a use for.

well i like all of my pokemon based on looks not in game stats or anything so i have loads

but my favourite looking pokemon is probably houndoom :)

I love Gorgeous Pokemon so I really Love Gardevoir, especially her Shiny Version.

I'm starting to really Love Meloetta too. So Pretty but I haven't Played B/W yet so I'm trying not to Fall in Love with her yet.

Ninetales, Espeon, Glaceon, Liepard(Shiny form), Dragonair, Lapras and Reshiram. <3

Golurk. That's probably the best example of "love at first sight" in my case. The moment I saw it, I fell in love with it simply because of the design. That big fella is so gorgeous in my eyes. <3

SS018.png

Such grace and power... Pretty much always been my fav.

Riolu and Vulpix are my favorite Pokemon design wise. I like their evolved forms to, but something about their unevolved forms just make me like them more.

But my favorite Pokemon are, well, my favorite mainly because of their looks so yeah...my top 3 is:
1. Vulpix
2. Espeon
3. Gallade

And of course a bunch of other pokemon that are too many to mention...

Mine are my signature already - the PokeCats (all of them, especially Persian and Liepard) - Buizel, Floatzel, Dewott, and not too long ago (about 4 months or so) fell in love with Watchog.

(edit - to add a short reasoning) For starters, I love cats in real life, so all my favorite Pokemon are based on cats thats why I love Persian and Liepard first. Reading some of the Pokedex entries for Persian, it sort of reminds me of the personality for one of my real-life cats. I also love Liepard's fur markings.

Not sure why I specifically like Dewott, just love the design of it.

Aside from cats, I also like mustelid-like animals (ferrets, meerkats, otters, weasels) so any Pokemon resembling or based on mustelids I'm also starting to like. Buizel and Floatzel are slightly based on River Otters and in my opinion Watchog's head resembles a prairie dog, with a Meerkat like appearance (the way is stands) and a slightly overweight weasel like body.

Last edited:
Glaceon and Serperior, both heavily tied ; coming up just behind them is Seviper. Seviper is close to being in a three-way-tie with the others, but something about it leaves it at number two...

Mod Note: When posting in this thread, please remember to list at least one reason for why said Pokémon is your favourtite.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom