• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Who's your favorite Starting Rodent?

What's your favorite starting rodent?

• Rattata line

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Sentret line

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Zigzagoon line

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Bidoof line

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Vib

Reaction score
It's Pokemon standard. First route, the Rodent. Two stage evolution line, moderately good (EXCEPT BIBAREL), occasionally an excellent HM slave (Linoone and Bibarel).

So, which one is your favorite?

I have to choose Furret line. It just rocks. Zigzagoon line is a close second, however.

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
Definently not Bidoof... I like Zigzagoon for Pickup, but I think that I'll have to go for Sentret for some reason I can't explain.

Spatial Princess
Reaction score
Sentret line. I love Linoone, but Sentret and Furret are just epic.

Zalgo Fanboy
Reaction score
LINOONE! an adamant linoone with STAB headbutt is still useful up to and through the elite four.

memes
Reaction score
Zigzagoon + Linoone forever! There are two resons for that:
1. They're both cute as awesome, plus linoone is the most usable rodent (altough bibarel too, but's that's only because of his abilities).
2. Zigzagoon was my second pokémon ever ^^ (first being treecko, third being ralts). It was also my second pokémon to evolve (after treecko and later grovyle) and to ever train to level 100 (after sceptile).

I don't like pumpkins..
Reaction score
I like Bidoof,but not for battling. Their line seems more like pets.

Rattata's and Raticate's are adorable,but I'm not the biggest fan of them.

I love Furret's,but I'm not the biggest Sentret fan.

So the Zizagoon line,I like both it and it's evolution.

Reaction score
Rattata, classic... but maby im old fashioned. Im so familiar with kicking there ass

Reaction score
I LOVE Furret! Furret is my favorite! I had a Lvl 100 Furret in Gold. My first level 100! :)

Your badass is showing
Reaction score
I picked the Sentret line, only because I like their designs more than the others. I haven't actually used any of them before so I dunno about how they are in battle.

We are venom to you
Reaction score
I love linoone so I have to go with the zigzagoone line followed closely by the sentret family.

You look good at Pokemon but how's you chem?
Reaction score
I chose rattata because I couldn't prononce it right as a kid and from the orange rattata I had in Pokemon Red.

Edit: Oh yeah and the mini game in Stadium.

Last edited:
You wanna fight wit' me?
Reaction score
Zigzagoon for the pickup, and because I've been conditioned into associating them with Bashou every time.

My Kanto-nostalgia makes me like ratattas too. Not raticates, though. They're ugly and no longer purple. Purple is better.

the ultimate fire primate
Reaction score
Sentret/Furret, mainly because their not shoved in our faces on nearly every route. That, and when I first saw Furret I thought it was freakin' adorable.