• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's your favorite Starting Rodent?

What's your favorite starting rodent?

• Rattata line

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Sentret line

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Zigzagoon line

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Bidoof line

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Vib

Reaction score
It's Pokemon standard. First route, the Rodent. Two stage evolution line, moderately good (EXCEPT BIBAREL), occasionally an excellent HM slave (Linoone and Bibarel).

So, which one is your favorite?

I have to choose Furret line. It just rocks. Zigzagoon line is a close second, however.

Definently not Bidoof... I like Zigzagoon for Pickup, but I think that I'll have to go for Sentret for some reason I can't explain.

LINOONE! an adamant linoone with STAB headbutt is still useful up to and through the elite four.

Zigzagoon + Linoone forever! There are two resons for that:
1. They're both cute as awesome, plus linoone is the most usable rodent (altough bibarel too, but's that's only because of his abilities).
2. Zigzagoon was my second pokémon ever ^^ (first being treecko, third being ralts). It was also my second pokémon to evolve (after treecko and later grovyle) and to ever train to level 100 (after sceptile).

I like Bidoof,but not for battling. Their line seems more like pets.

Rattata's and Raticate's are adorable,but I'm not the biggest fan of them.

I love Furret's,but I'm not the biggest Sentret fan.

So the Zizagoon line,I like both it and it's evolution.

I LOVE Furret! Furret is my favorite! I had a Lvl 100 Furret in Gold. My first level 100! :)

I picked the Sentret line, only because I like their designs more than the others. I haven't actually used any of them before so I dunno about how they are in battle.

I love linoone so I have to go with the zigzagoone line followed closely by the sentret family.

I chose rattata because I couldn't prononce it right as a kid and from the orange rattata I had in Pokemon Red.

Edit: Oh yeah and the mini game in Stadium.

Last edited:
Zigzagoon for the pickup, and because I've been conditioned into associating them with Bashou every time.

My Kanto-nostalgia makes me like ratattas too. Not raticates, though. They're ugly and no longer purple. Purple is better.

Sentret/Furret, mainly because their not shoved in our faces on nearly every route. That, and when I first saw Furret I thought it was freakin' adorable.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom