• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who's your Pokemon partner? Find out here!

hanecco

Hoppip Appreciator
Reaction score
Inspired by a tumblr I found a while back. Basically, you tell me a bit about yourself, and I recommend a Pokemon that would suit you as a partner, along with an explanation for why I picked it. Just fill out these details and I'll get back to you. PM me if it's been a while since you posted and I still haven't replied.

Personality:
Hobbies:

See an example below!

Your post:

Personality: I'm kind of shy and I'm pretty introverted. I'd hate going to parties and stuff, they stress me out. I prefer having a few close friends to meeting a bunch of new people. But once you get to know me, you find out I've got a good sense of humour.
Hobbies: I read books pretty much all the time. Mostly fiction, and my favourite genre is adventure and fantasy. Also, I like tabletop RPGs such as D&D. Me and my friends get together every now and then to play it.

My reply:

Your Pokemon is... Ninetales!
Ninetales prefers to spend time alone, just like you, so you don't have to worry about entertaining it all the time. You can enjoy relaxing in one another's company. Ninetales also have a reputation as a trickster, which goes with your sense of humour, too! Ninetales is very intelligent and understands human speech without problem. It will definitely be interested in listening to you discuss the books you've read or the stuff you're resarching.

Last edited:
personailty: impish, shy, loud around friends, creative, hard working, short tempered, huge appetite, best when online or with friends
Hobbies: drawing, reading, playing the cello, sewing, arts and crafts, browsing the internet

Personality: I'm proud, but caring. I'm quiet in places I'm not familiar with, but loud among friends, hardworking, uncreative, helps others think out of the box but can't think out of the box on their own. Soft, emotional, and bursts into tears without warning
Hobbies: I read books, like roleplay games with RPG classes, use the internet, use the internet, and use the internet. Did I mention I use the internet?

@chibighost
Your Pokemon is... Tangela!
Tangela is covered in vines so no one is sure of what it looks like underneath, and it's seen as a little mysterious because of its silence around other people. It's most certainly a wild card. But Tangela loves to sneak up on people and tickle them with its vines! It would help you get up to a lot of mischief for sure. It's quite an impulsive Pokemon and loves to do creative or novel things. Its vines never stop growing, so it needs a lot of food. Tangela would spend time doodling with you, turning pages as you play the cello, or eating a ton of donuts.

@DannyDrawsaLot
Your Pokemon is... Ralts!
Ralts is rather shy in situations it's not familiar with, but it's a genuinely caring Pokemon and will help you calm down if you're upset. It is great at reading people's emotions, and it wouldn't judge you at all. Ralts would rather hug you than tell you you're weak! It's also a fairly intelligent Psychic type, so it enjoys intellectual activities just as much as you do. Expect to spend time rubber-ducking with it as you type away at Visual Studio 2017, or playing RPGs together after school.

@DannyDrawsaLot
Your Pokemon is... Ralts!
Ralts is rather shy in situations it's not familiar with, but it's a genuinely caring Pokemon and will help you calm down if you're upset. It is great at reading people's emotions, and it wouldn't judge you at all. Ralts would rather hug you than tell you you're weak! It's also a fairly intelligent Psychic type, so it enjoys intellectual activities just as much as you do. Expect to spend time rubber-ducking with it as you type away at Visual Studio 2017, or playing RPGs together after school.
Picks up and hugs Ralts
Man, I actually can imagine myself with a Ralts on my shoulder. I'd definitely evolve her into Gardevoir.

Last edited:
Sure, why not.

Personality: Uh, not sure I'm qualified for this. Uh. I'm somewhere between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, somewhere between INFP and INTP, and I tend to deep dive into what I'm interested in. The result is that I switch back and forth between pokemon/anime and politics/history. I've had a long evolution of political thought in my life, starting with me saying "I want to understand," going to "I want to know enough to form good opinions," to "I know what not to do, now I need to figure out how to judge what we SHOULD do," to, finally, "Okay, I think I know what to do, now how the hell do I go about trying to make it happen?" I'm also pretty straight edge as a person, but I try to be chill about it. My worst trait is my tendency to want to be REALLY condescending and dismissive towards people who I think are hurting a cause I care about. Like, "you don't deserve to breath the same air as civilized humans," condescending.
Hobbies: Pokemon, other video games (got into the Soulsbourne series recently, really loved Bloodborne), gundam model kits, painting miniatures occasionally, anime, movies, transformers collecting, magic the gathering, digimon, and making Nuzlocke let's plays with my wife. Basically anything with my wife?
Wedding Videography, reluctantly.

@Couple's Consoling
Your Pokemon is... Empoleon!
Empoleon is a calm, regal Pokemon, and a deep thinker which avoids unnecessary arguments. On the other hand, Empoleon has a strong sense of pride and, in the wild, would slash viciously at people who disagree with it. That's because it fiercely protects the things it believes in, like you*! Empoleon is also pretty helpful around the house - it can help you move heavy furniture or cut through hard objects without breaking a sweat. Of course, you'd spend time playing with it too - imagine light-hearted water fights in the summer, or entering an exciting battle tournament. Empoleon can learn Hail, too, so a white Christmas is always guaranteed!

*Not that you go around slashing things...

I have some things in common with the example.

Personality: I'm kind of shy, but I'm outgoing to new people, and I'm pretty good-natured. I rarely get into fights with my friends. I talk a lot amongst my friends but not so much around people I don't know as well. But once you get to know me, you find out I've got a good sense of humour, and that I like to think outside the box.
Hobbies: I read books (realistic fiction) a lot, but I'm also a fan of browsing the internet and studying computer code. I like RPGs that are very free-form and aren't restricted by rules. Sports are also my thing, but really only outdoor biking with my friends.
Occupation: Computer programmer (and minigame creator in my spare time). (I'm good at coding animation)

Personality: Smart, Lazy, Impatient, Ambitious, Nerdy, Angry
Hobbies: Video Games ( Core Series Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, SMITE, Zoo Tycoon 2, etc), Internet Memes, Animals, being AWESOME
Cashier at two different places, plus a Bulbagarden moderator

Eh I'll give it a shot.

Personality: I'm pretty relaxed most of the time, I can be passive-aggressive at times depending on what is being discussed and who I'm with, though. I like conversations, especially ones that involve my interests or just chatting with friends both online and off. Though I actually don't put much effort to converse with others I don't really know well so it's rare when I do, but I'll still chat with others if they initiate the convo first. I guess I'd say I'm kind of introverted, but not as bad as when I was homeschooled when I was younger.

Hobbies: Heavily into video games and anime/manga/LN. Especially like RPG's, visual novels, racing, puzzles, and the occasional platformers for games (though I'll try just about any game, really), also very much into Fire Emblem as a series since it's pretty much my top favorite game franchise (along with it's cousins, TearRing Saga and Vestaria Saga), but I also love Pokémon (obviously), MegaTen, Touhou, Seihou, AMNEƧIA, Kamigami no Asobi: Ludere Deorum, Star-Crossed Myth, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicles, and other games I can't be bothered to list. For anime/manga/LN I like most genres and I'm not too picky about what I watch and read honestly, I also tend to like series and characters that may be disliked by most of the community be it from controversies or whatever else. Other hobbies of mine are drawing (occasionally), gardening, exercising, and simply sleeping.

This seems fun, :wynaut:

Personality: I'm quiet. But I'm also quite high-strung, and even the smallest things can make me stressed out, nervous or angry. I'm a bit of a workaholic too, and I don't have many interests outside of work or school. It makes it a bit difficult for me to hold conversations with both family or strangers. I'm not sure how I should be expressing myself most of the time. Unfortunately, I have no interest in finding other interests, so that's not good either...

Hobbies:
Video games, mostly of the simulation, puzzle, and JRPG varieties. I also draw sometimes. I don't watch movies or TV shows, nor do I read books. I suppose manga counts as a book, but the only two I've read in the past ~3 years were Detective Conan and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Does sleeping count as a hobby too?

Cashier + undergrad science student

I'll do the rest later, so don't worry if you haven't gotten a reply yet.
This thread is an exercise in reading strange Pokedex entries

@Zorchic
Your Pokemon is... Growlithe!
Growlithe is a cute, energetic fire-type. Growlithe is very friendly and runs towards everyone it meets with a wagging tail, and people tend to like it back! Growlithe is also very loyal and wouldn't do anything unless it was in your best interests. It's fast enough to keep up with you while you're biking, and it will definitely enjoy playing sports with you, whether it's a simple game of tag or kicking a ball around together. Slightly more out-of-the-ordinary activities include roasting food in the flames Growlithe shoots from its mouth!

Next up... @Kung Fu Ferret

Your Pokemon is... Mienfoo!
Mienfoo exudes a cool, carefree, couldn't-care-less attitude at all times, no exceptions. Mienfoo is always trying to improve its skills, whether by practicing martial arts or studying books. But don't think it's a boring Pokemon - Mienfoo is the type to always have a witty comeback ready for people who insult it, or you. It doesn't let threats against its best friend slide! It would love playing any PvP or co-op games with you, especially if they're combat heavy!

This is spot on! My whole username is based around Mienshao!
Next up... @Kung Fu Ferret

Your Pokemon is... Mienfoo!
Mienfoo exudes a cool, carefree, couldn't-care-less attitude at all times, no exceptions. Mienfoo is always trying to improve its skills, whether by practicing martial arts or studying books. But don't think it's a boring Pokemon - Mienfoo is the type to always have a witty comeback ready for people who insult it, or you. It doesn't let threats against its best friend slide! It would love playing any PvP or co-op games with you, especially if they're combat heavy!

@Couple's Consoling
Your Pokemon is... Empoleon!
Empoleon is a calm, regal Pokemon, and a deep thinker which avoids unnecessary arguments. On the other hand, Empoleon has a strong sense of pride and, in the wild, would slash viciously at people who disagree with it. That's because it fiercely protects the things it believes in, like you*! Empoleon is also pretty helpful around the house - it can help you move heavy furniture or cut through hard objects without breaking a sweat. Of course, you'd spend time playing with it too - imagine light-hearted water fights in the summer, or entering an exciting battle tournament. Empoleon can learn Hail, too, so a white Christmas is always guaranteed!

*Not that you go around slashing things...
You know what. My friends would absolutely tell me that fits.

OK... @Tactician Karina

Your Pokemon is... Leafeon!
Leafeon is a grass-type cat which can often be seen sleeping in patches of sunshine deep inside the forest, where it prefers to lead a quiet life. Leafeon would be easy to take care of because it gets its nutrition through photosynthesis, which will also result in a lot of clean, fresh air for your house! As a grass-type, it is great at cultivating and taking care of plants. Perhaps it would help you trim bushes and pull up weeds with its blade-like tail, or go on morning runs with you, when the sun is at its nicest.

And, last but not least... @Tood

Your Pokemon is... Gothitelle!
Gothitelle is an unusual Psychic-type Pokemon from Unova whose power is closely linked to starlight. Gothitelle carefully charts the movements of stars across the sky, which it does to predict the future. Some believe they can even determine their trainer's life spans... Gothitelle can be a little blunt when telling people what it has foreseen, but its insights are always practical and illuminating. Gothitelle dislikes conflict, and it will always try to soothe those who are going through intense emotions such as anger or sadness. I'm sure it will use its abilities to help you too.

(This would be a hell of a coincidence if you're a physics, astrophysics, or astronomy student, but I think it's a good fit even if you're not!)

OK... @Tactician Karina

Your Pokemon is... Leafeon!
Leafeon is a grass-type cat which can often be seen sleeping in patches of sunshine deep inside the forest, where it prefers to lead a quiet life. Leafeon would be easy to take care of because it gets its nutrition through photosynthesis, which will also result in a lot of clean, fresh air for your house! As a grass-type, it is great at cultivating and taking care of plants. Perhaps it would help you trim bushes and pull up weeds with its blade-like tail, or go on morning runs with you, when the sun is at its nicest.

How cool that I get my second favorite eeveelution. I can definitely see it helping me with my gardening, now if only I did have one to help with the occasional weeds in my backyard lol. And I do my exercises in the morning, so that certainly fits too.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom