• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why are Pokemon GBA games...

Haruka_Rules!

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
I went to GameStop last night and I saw FR, LG, S, & R for $30 per game and E for $40! They were all cart only too. The last time I checked, the games were still expensive online(though not as bad as GameStop's prices)

I know the games are awesome, but still, they shouldn't be so pricey! After all, they sold well when they came out and are easy to find so how come Pokemon GBA games(FR, LG, S, R, & E) are so expensive?

...I don't know what Game Stop you got your games at. I got my copy of Fire Red at a Game Stop for $27. Granted, it was pre-owned, but still, that's not too horrible.

Yes it is. GBA games should be like $10 now. Know what's worse? Twilight Princess for Gamecube is still $45. For a Gamecube game.

Why do they do it? Because they essentially have a monopoly on video game sales. The alternative? Use e-bay or Craigslist and probably get a fake game. Grrr.

Yeah, well to get a new copy of Silver online is like $100.

I got my copy of LG for only like $19 at my GameStop. It was used, but what the hell.

It still worked. And they didn't erase the save file. I had a Mew. Probably hacked but, what the hell.

Of course, that's all I had.:disgust:

No way, I just searched e-bay, and the price is hovering around $15-20. Link me to where they're selling it for $100 please. (PM if it's against the rules to link here)

You bought one?

How could there even be new ones anyway? There's no way they still manufacture the game.

Damn. Did they just not turn on in your system? What was wrong with them?

save batteries. All dead.

The same issue happened with crystal.

Depending on the game and what site you go to, the prices change.

Emulator? Psh. You have 3 copies, there wouldn't really be much consequence if you just tried to replace the battery on one of them.

Yep, and now you can overpay for your games! :p
Seriously, you can fix the battery.
And also, the reason they are pricey is because they still sell, and they know they will make money from selling common games, same with FF7. And also, most games are priced on rarity and demand. I've seen other games for other systems that are pricey.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom