• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why are they always comparing Pikachu with Piplup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinglejoe

Reaction score
I'm tired of Dawn always leaving the brat out of his Poke Ball, I can't believe Dawn even gave him an Everstone! I just want the brat to evolve and get rid of his squeaky stupid voice in both English and Japanese! I epessially hate it when they compare him with Ash's Pikachu like on the episode when they were on the Deoxys island.

If anyone hates Dawn's Piplup as much as I do post it in this thread.

eh, I'm indifferent. It is fun though to make jokes about killing him.

Empeleon will always overshadow Piplup. Stupid Dawn.

Because Piplup is a mascot of course.
But "comparing" it to Pikachu is an understatement- in fact it has actually taken over Pikachu's role as mascot, Meowth as well. Piplup is now the main star of the show literally.

And what about all the hype when Pikachu found a new "buddy" in Togepi?

If anyone hates Dawn's Piplup as much as I do post it in this thread.

Surely that then equates it to a bashing thread?

Anyway, as long as Pochama is actually doing stuff, it's pretty entertaining to watch. I admit, there was a period in the middle where Pochama became a mindless mascot, but it seems to have regained personality, which is always nice.

Anyway, as long as Pochama is actually doing stuff, it's pretty entertaining to watch. I admit, there was a period in the middle where Pochama became a mindless mascot, but it seems to have regained personality, which is always nice.

This. It's nice to actually be able to enjoy watching it again.

But Pochama wont last. Once Gen 5 comes around there will be a new mascot we'll all hate.

B/c its the new "Pikablu"! lol not
I guess b/c.... I really do not know.
Torchic did not become big as Piplup or Togepi. Unless I'm wrong.

Because Piplup is a mascot of course.
But "comparing" it to Pikachu is an understatement- in fact it has actually taken over Pikachu's role as mascot, Meowth as well. Piplup is now the main star of the show literally.

eh, no. Piplup will vanish from the show soon. Pikachu will live on.

Will it, or might it?

Either way, I have doubts that Piplup is going to last into 2011.

eh, no. Piplup will vanish from the show soon. Pikachu will live on.
If Pikachu went away, then the whole franchise would crumble to its knees!
Will it, or might it?

Either way, I have doubts that Piplup is going to last into 2011.

I doubt DP will last to 2011. It'll eventually become DP Battle Frontier, lol! Piplup could last that long if that were true, unless Dawn went away to do her own things.

I kinda like Piplup. I think it's funny.
But, don't worry. Piplup should be gone for good in about a year or two.

I kinda like Piplup. I think it's funny.
But, don't worry. Piplup should be gone for good in about a year or two.

I hope it gets replaced by a Snorlax that the female trainer always carries out of it's Pokeball.

Yay another argument!

I think basically the "just Pikachu" mascot got boring and Piplup filled the second role nicely so its common sense to compare them. This always happens between characters in tv shows.

IMVHO I think people a over-reacting with Piplup. I feel Piplup is funny and enjoyable compared to some of the overly long gags in the anime...:cough:Brock:cough:TeamRocket:cough:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom