• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why are we not getting EVENT legendaries this gen?

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
Outside of Japan who got Darkri and Jaurachi already other countries not so much. I'm U.S. and I'm happy to have two Diance but she's Gen VI how about those that missed out on the EVENTS from Gen 1-5? I'm disappointed it's been endless shines and pokemon we can already capture. Of course Volcanion I'd say by years end but here's to hopefully some more EVENT legendaries leading into the 20th anniversary (legit Mew anyone???) Or all the EVENTS released during Gen VI right (spread out) but before the Gen VII games come out. Stagger them a few months/weeks at a time and BOOM you will have had the chance to get ALL THE EVENT Pokemon during Gen VI. The Pokemon Company did say they wanted Gen VI to be able to catch all the Pokemon (which we can with ALL the legendaries in ORAS and the few in X & Y but lets keep that promise true and have EVENTS leading up to Gen VII release. Anyone agree???

So, do you want gen VII back with exclusive pokemons by event?
Anyway, I always found it annoying and unfair because the Japanese had privileges that the other countries didnt. I dont know why it happen.

I definitely think we'll be getting events for the 20th Anniversary. I just hope they're over the Wi-Fi connection rather than the code based giveaways that Nintendo seem to be favouring in recent years. Which is real lame.

you'd think they'd at least release Jirachi... on the other hand, we didn't get Celebi with HGSS either, did we? But still... A couple of events would be nice...

you'd think they'd at least release Jirachi... on the other hand, we didn't get Celebi with HGSS either, did we? But still... A couple of events would be nice...
We did, it was paired up with the Zoroark movie, and even an in-game Celebi time-travel event in HgSs where we fought Giovanni. It was released at least in the United States and Canada--and if I recall, someone stole the Game Stop cartridges and also posted them online as a ROM.

EDIT:
Yup, the GAMESTP Celebi was unreleased due to the leaked cartridge and replaced with the WIN2011 Celebi for both the U.S., Canada, and Europe

Last edited:
I'm in the UK, and I agree with this, but I also think if they are going to do it that they should do it over the course of this next year, leading up to Gen VII.
I've probably got the majority of most of them (barring the Aura Mew from Summer Day Camp 2006, that I STUPIDLY started a new game on, which resulted in losing Mew forever). The ones I weirdly missed out on, were Genesect, Meloetta & Keldeo... the three from the last generation (that I was constantly involved with), and I seem to have missed every event and every distribution of? I'm only in possession of Pokes like Jirachi, Darkrai & Arceus, which have had numerous events. I at least want Mew, and the Gen V mythicals available to me before the start of Gen VII.

Apparently, the Pokémon Company must think we prefer chubby dragons over, say...adorable wish-granting stars?

I dunno. They have weird plans.

I agree so much here, I understand Nintendo is a Japanese company but I don't understand why they have to show so much favouritism to Japan all the time. We are all their fans regardless of our nationality.

Japan to my knowledge have received Victini, Shaymin, Manaphy, Diancie, Hoopa and Jirachi already in Gen VI whereas the rest of the world has only had Diancie (ok we will hopefully get Hoopa soon too)

I agree so much here, I understand Nintendo is a Japanese company but I don't understand why they have to show so much favouritism to Japan all the time. We are all their fans regardless of our nationality.
i mean, it is their home region as you pointed out. of course, in the era of completely wireless distribution it makes no sense as to why they're not catering to other regions as much.

It may not be Nintendo's fault.
It may be just the franchisers not wanting to do so much work.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom