• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why Ash's 7th Pokémon in Kanto and Unova needed be transferred to the lab while Go catches 12 and nothing happened?

Vando

Reaction score
Guys, sorry my English, I'm from Brazil. Anyway, i thought about it today and said "hmm".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-210230.png
    Screenshot_20200215-210230.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20200215-210203.png
    Screenshot_20200215-210203.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 96
The anime has been a bit inconsistent on that. For example, back in Kanto, catching a Pokémon beyond 6 caused it to be transferred to the lab, in Unova, it instead just caused the extra pokeballs to lock up until you swapped them out.

tbh, transfering to the lab or the Pokeball being locked up is kinda the same thing for me, since you cannot use the mons until you swap them out anyways.

They might be implementing the new PC system from Let's Go and SwSh, perhaps?

Maybe the transfer/lockdown features are only applied for League participants? Since Go isn't participating in any League, he is free to catch as much as he could? Also, he is currently a research fellow for Professor Sakuragi, maybe those limits have been lifted?

Maybe the transfer/lockdown features are only applied for League participants? Since Go isn't participating in any League, he is free to catch as much as he could? Also, he is currently a research fellow for Professor Sakuragi, maybe those limits have been lifted?

I don't think thats the case, since then a non-league participant can ambush a league participant with 100 Pokemon in order to secure the win, while the league participant can only use 6.

I don't think thats the case, since then a non-league participant can ambush a league participant with 100 Pokemon in order to secure the win, while the league participant can only use 6.

That would never happen since league battles have set rules on the number of Pokemon used. Hell even unofficial battles tend to have rules agreed to by the participants.

The anime has a lot of inconsistencies. Back when Ash caught Charmander, Charmander’s previous owner, Damian, had more than 6 pokemon with him. He had a bunch of pokeballs in that scene in the Pokémon center, when he was bragging about having so many Pokémon.

Yet two episodes later, Ash caught Krabby, and his pokeball teleported because he can’t have more than 6 Pokémon with him. And this was in the first season, imagine now that the staff has change a lot and there have been so different stylistic choices.

The anime has a lot of inconsistencies. Back when Ash caught Charmander, Charmander’s previous owner, Damian, had more than 6 pokemon with him. He had a bunch of pokeballs in that scene in the Pokémon center, when he was bragging about having so many Pokémon.

Yet two episodes later, Ash caught Krabby, and his pokeball teleported because he can’t have more than 6 Pokémon with him. And this was in the first season, imagine now that the staff has change a lot and there have been so different stylistic choices.
Yeah, this wasn't even consistent within the season the concept was introduced in. It's just a way for them to selectively enforce the game rules, though now that you can swap Pokemon from your boxes on the fly, the "send them to the lab to be withdrawn later" idea is even less applicable.

It seems easy enough to rationalize though - where would Damian's Pokemon have been sent to? If memory serves, when Brock and Misty explain where Krabby went they say something like "it goes to whoever gave you your first Pokemon," which leads to Oak, but what if your first Pokemon was passed down from a relative or something? Oak has a machine specially set up to receive Ash's Pokemon, I'm guessing because he was a registered... Pokemon giver-outer he would be equipped to handle that, whereas Damian might not have had that luxury.

As far as season 1 inconsistencies it seems easier to explain than like, levels randomly being a thing.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom