• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why Ash's Primeape and Most of His Pokémon at Prof. Oak's Lab Were Cut in the Sun & Moon Series

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's up, guys? Other than Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Muk (as the only one of them that has also appeared in the later episode "Show Me the Metal!"), a herd of thirty Tauros, Totodile and Corphish physically shown in the episode 'Alola, Kanto!', and also other than Charizard shown only in Ash's flashback in that episode, I'm just wanting to know why you think the writers have cut Ash's Primeape and most of his Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory in the entire Sun & Moon series? And whether or not they were mentioned in that series? Please let me know, thanks.

What's up, guys? Other than Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Muk (as the only one of them that has also appeared in the later episode "Show Me the Metal!"), a herd of thirty Tauros, Totodile and Corphish physically shown in the episode 'Alola, Kanto!', and also other than Charizard shown only in Ash's flashback in that episode, I'm just wanting to know why you think the writers have cut Ash's Primeape and most of his Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory in the entire Sun & Moon series? And whether or not they were mentioned in that series? Please let me know, thanks.

They didn't really cut Primeape out since he was never at Oak's lab in the first place; I know that some people took that one anime opening theme that showed Primeape among Ash's Oak'd Pokemon seriously, but the final BW episode's group shot showing all of Ash's Pokemon from the lab (with Primeape blatantly not there) should've clarified that Primeape wasn't actually at the lab in the canon.

As for why some reserve Pokemon weren't shown in SuMo, I'm gonna guess that the animators were mostly just interested in showcasing the Kanto ones and not all the rest (with a couple of exceptions). Tbh I was more surprised that they brought the Squirtle Squad back without any fanfare or explanation.

Because the only continuity SM(And currently PM2019) seemed to give a shit about was Kanto.
That's why you never saw Brock's actual signature Pokemon, Croagunk. And Misty's Azurill was strangely missing too.

Strangely Charizard and Kingler got left out of the episode too....
I really wish they stopped to explain why and how Squirtle's there, but I guess it's just the Mr. Mime situation. Happened offscreen

They didn't mention why the others didn't appear but it's kind of obvious that they didn't show all of Ash's reserves because of time constraints.
It was such a missed opportunity though that they didn’t show Ash’s Charizard if only so it could meet Kiawe’s.
Because the only continuity SM(And currently PM2019) seemed to give a shit about was Kanto.
That's why you never saw Brock's actual signature Pokemon, Croagunk. And Misty's Azurill was strangely missing too.

I really wish they stopped to explain why and how Squirtle's there, but I guess it's just the Mr. Mime situation. Happened offscreen
The odd thing is, that wasn’t even Ash’s Squirtle in that episode, but another member of the Squirtle Squad. Still strange though.

It was such a missed opportunity though that they didn’t show Ash’s Charizard if only so it could meet Kiawe’s.

The odd thing is, that wasn’t even Ash’s Squirtle in that episode, but another member of the Squirtle Squad. Still strange though.
One of them was Ash's; it had the less rounded shades.

Well they did show Brock's Sudowoodo during their Alola vacation return. Not to mention Brock working to become a Pokemon Doctor happened at the end of DP too. It was a huge waste to not see Croagunk give Brock a Poison Jab and Misty pulling his ear at the same time though. Misty not showing her Azurill or have it evolve was also a disappointment.

Shadowlarvitar said:

I honestly don't remember Ash's Squirtle was in the episode. They didn't make a big deal about it like they did with Ash's Bulbasaur. It was really strange that they didn't feature Ash's Charizard meeting Kiawe's.

I honestly don't remember Ash's Squirtle was in the episode. They didn't make a big deal about it like they did with Ash's Bulbasaur. It was really strange that they didn't feature Ash's Charizard meeting Kiawe's.
It was a cameo only where, unless Rotomdex can teleport, for some reason the Squirtle Squad was at Professor Oak’s ranch. It was just in a still shot featuring Rotomdex taking their picture.

It was a cameo only where, unless Rotomdex can teleport, for some reason the Squirtle Squad was at Professor Oak’s ranch. It was just in a still shot featuring Rotomdex taking their picture.

Oh yeah. Now I remember that brief moment. Considering that they made a big deal of Ash's Tauros of all things, you'd think that they'd devote a moment for Ash's Squirtle if it was somehow back at Professor Oak's Lab. It could be just a cute cameo more than anything else.

Oh yeah. Now I remember that brief moment. Considering that they made a big deal of Ash's Tauros of all things, you'd think that they'd devote a moment for Ash's Squirtle if it was somehow back at Professor Oak's Lab. It could be just a cute cameo more than anything else.
What’s even stranger is that if it is in fact a case that it’s at Professor Oak’s lab now, then that’d be the second time that they pulled that with no explanation, the first being Charizard back in BW.

Because there was no need to show them. Oaks corral is a vast landscape, so the Pokemon can be everywhere.
We know Charizard can fly. Simple explanation is that it was with Charla at the Charizard Valley at that exact moment.
The only reason Muk showed up, is too show the difference between Alolan Muk and regular Muk, else it could easily have been left out.
Bulbasaur is the leader of the Corral, but he also has the highest bond with Ash (Aside from Pikachu), so its weird if he doesn't show up speficially.
Totodile and Corphish showing up, was a nice non-Kanto Pokemon cameo, but in the end, was pointless since Ash didn't interact with them at all (Even Misty didn't interact with Totodile).
The only reason i can think of why Tauros appeared, is that it was referenced in the first episode of Sun and Moon.
If you pause at the right moment when Lana is in the water with Popplio, you can see a Squirtle swimming past. Could have been Ash's Squirtle.

to focus more on the new big generation and new pokemon. Old get every second or third generation they get time to shine.
If the league would be bigger and trainers could use more pokemon or a Battle tree saga Ash battling 3vs 3 or 6vs6 vs Gary, Cynthia, Paul or others then maybe...

This new anime could feauture that opportunity before a strictly Galar Swords and Shield anime comes.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom