• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do YOU feel about the writers removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Battle Pyramid even in Kanto? I thought it was in Johto or something.

We don't know where the Pyramid is yet. However, Scott told Ash he would know after getting the other six symbols, IIRC. If so, we should know the location very shortly.

I was sad to know that she left on the new episodes...I like her, and I miss her, but I'm still open to new changes....I think that they may have done it to allow Pokemon Contests to take part in the story....so May was in the story with her goal of becoming the greatest Pokemon Coordinator.

They probably just wanted a new person to do contests and just chose misty to get rid of over Brock since they'd both be able to give the same excuse "gotta go to the gym"

Brock has a use that Misty doesn't have: Working out and explaining Ash's (and May's) battle strategies.

Brock's Role

More importantly, BwM, he has age advantage. Because he is so much older than Ash and May (and Misty), he can be 'the voice of experience' far more believably than the precocious but young Max. This means, when Brock pontificates on the subject of tactics and on the finer points of Pokémon zoology, the other characters are obliged to listen and take heed. With Max they can just say "Cute (or pesky) kid" and then ignore him. ;-)

This 'Pokémon Sage' role is probably what preserved Brock's place in the series. If he was just the pathetic guy who failed dramatically to get a girl every week, he would likely have gone the way of Misty.

He didn't fail the getting girls, though. Take a look at Pike Queen Lucy, why dontcha? She likes Brock.

DUH!

*smacks BenRG upside the head*

There's a reason for Brock having the highest chance of being dropped. He's already completed his goal. All he has to do now is propose to Pike Queen Lucy and they get hitched!

Girls have liked Brock in the past but he still fails to get them. Yes, even Lucy is not success.

His "goal" is to be a Pokémon Breeder and that is not completed, especially since there doesn't appear to be a way to complete it.

Heh, I guess this thread should be renamed now as, "Why are they bringing in Hikari, instead of bringing back Misty?"

:p

No, we already have enough threads to do that. (Nevermind the fact that we don't even know who is in the next saga other than Hikari.) Let's please stick to the Johto/Hoenn transfer.

I still reckon they removed Misty because they didn't want two girls in the group. Which is a shame, because I betcha having Misty and May on the same team would have sparked some interest, fandomwise.

FabuVinny said:
Girls have liked Brock in the past but he still fails to get them. Yes, even Lucy is not success.

His "goal" is to be a Pokémon Breeder and that is not completed, especially since there doesn't appear to be a way to complete it.

Didn't you watch the Battle Pike eppy? Man, you guys are so ignorant. LUCY LIKES BROCK!

Yes, thank you for enlightening us of that fact. What has that got to do with anything?

Jo-Jo said:
I still reckon they removed Misty because they didn't want two girls in the group. Which is a shame, because I betcha having Misty and May on the same team would have sparked some interest, fandomwise.

Which is probably true for one reason or another. Even the ones who found her boring would have to agree that Brock was about as ineffective as she was, and yet he stayed. It'll be interesting to see if attitudes stay the same if this new girl were ever to become part of the main cast.

Which is why this time hopefully the writers realize that two girls on the cast at the same time won't make the universe implode.

The Kanto GF certainly didn't make it seem like this would be the end for May, which is why I'm still putting more hope into her staying than leaving. Honestly, May bursting into tears when she loses the GF is NOT a way you end a character's arc for good with.

The writers prolly realized that and they're keeping May, but abandoning Max and Brock... but that's my opinion.

Realised what? When they wrote the Grand Festival, they already knew their plans for the next saga's cast.

I wonder how far ahead they must have been planning this? Do you reckon they knew about Hikari as far back as the start of the Battle Frontier? Or even earlier?

FabuVinny said:
Realised what? When they wrote the Grand Festival, they already knew their plans for the next saga's cast.

Indeed, which is why you have to ponder why they had her lose again.

Saori didn't have to exist. They could have just had May battle Drew in the finals and win the whole thing.

The fact that they went and created Saori to be the "Richie" of this Grand Festival means they didn't want her to win and end her story arc yet.

That's the problem I see with May leaving, it doesn't make sense with what they did in the Grand Festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom