• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why did you join the forums?

I wanted to talk about Platinum, which had just been released in Japan. Being 13 at the time, liking Pokémon wasn't exactly the coolest thing in secondary school, so I joined Bulbagarden to discuss the games in peace. And Serebii. And then Pokécommunity a few months later.

Last edited:
The same reason I join any forum: it gives me something to do when I feel bored or need to kill time.

I had a whole fakemon Project and wanted to post what I had so far, and possibly ask some spriters if they were interested in helping me sprite my fakemon. I ended up setting a sprite shop and making sprites for others, and then I discovered URPG and that's what I stayed around for all these years.

Tbh I had joined because of shipping. There was a thread about my favorite pairing, which was quite active four years ago and I had wanted to interact with fellow shippers. Initially I was active only in Shippers Paradise but later on I started visiting other parts of the forum and enjoyed it a lot.

I am glad I decided to join the forum. It has been a wonderful experience so far.

Several reasons. 1: I was banned on one forum and left another, that one is down now(rip). 2: I didn't find a forum that allowed me to showcase my randomness until I found Random Messages here. 3: I actually once had a Bulbapedia account, but I forgot the email, password, and username. I don't remember it much but i know I had it. Since I had a connection to this site already I thought joining the forums would be good. (By the way, I made that account back when I was like 6 and found out about Pokémon via Smash Bros.)

I joined in order to discuss my favorite game series with my fellow fans.

Eh... I don't precisely know the actual reason for joining. I believe it was something to do with the eighteenth movie; of course, I stayed because I found this to be a fun place to interact with people and discuss on my favorite franchise.

I joined to talk about BW and other Pokémon-related things. Ended up migrating away from that to F&G, OtB, and social groups when those were still around to discuss decidedly less Pokémon-related things.

Pokemon is one of my favorite things in the world, so I joined a place where I can talk about pokemon with other pokemon fans (and unlike reddit I won't have to worry about being downvoted into oblivion if I don't share the popular opinion).

Plus I get to keep tabs on everything pokemon news related!

When I was a kid in the early 2000s and social media really wasn't a thing, I spent all my time on Pokemon forums. I felt kind of nostalgic for that experience and when I saw that Bulbagarden had forums, I decided to join.

I was heavily into Pokemon at the time and I was looking for other communities to join. The rest is history.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom