• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why didn't they use Team Rocket's Unova motto music more often?

Cilan

Reaction score
Pokémon Anime Sound Collection- Team Rocket's Unova Motto/Theme (Instrumental) - YouTube

This is what I'm talking about, the background music that played in the background for their Unova motto. Why didn't they use it more often? After a while they went back to the DP motto music, but I think this one is way better. I think they recently used it at the end of Episode N but before that they just used the DP music for their motto. Was it because they "went back to their old ways" and their Unova theme was too "serious?"

I like that motto music more than the DP one too. I guess it was because they felt that the new one was too serious and because they changed up their motto and went back to the old one later on.

I believe the DP motto music sounds more dramatic instead than the early BW one, which was used five times only. It was like this:
BW002, BW003, BW004, BW006, BW122: BW motto music
BW023, BW026: DP motto music
BW027, BW029, BW034: Average BGM
BW035 - onwards: DP motto music re-arrangement

Maybe they wanted to show Team Rocket back to their old plans not only by returning them to the white uniforms, but also changing their soundtrack. After the Castelia-to-Nimbasa journeys, they still were serious and made complex plans like before, so I think that's just a minor writting problem. Therefore, to show that they were going back to their comedic way during Episode N (that arc was a transition from serious to comedic), they also returned to the original motto to further expand the idea. They used the early track in BW122 just because the other one was already used in the episode, when Meowth attacked Team Plasma to protect Ash and Pikachu.

Good question. I wish I knew the answer to that one.

It's actually my favorite motto they've used since the Kanto one, and the motto music is awesome. I liked the BGM for their motto a lot more here than the one they use with the Sinnoh TRio BGM myself.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom