• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Why do people hate Torracat?

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
It's the awkward middle stage between the "cute" Litten and the "badass" Incineroar.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I personally have no idea how people hate Torracat. Yeah, sure it's a little awkward, as most middle stages are. People can have their opinions I guess.

I love Torracat myself. Just barely misses the spot as my favorite form of a starter pokemon, right under Typhlosion who only makes it because of nostalgia. Loved it from the moment it was introduced to us, and am even thinking about starting a playthrough of the game where I just keep my starter as a Torracat once he hits that stage.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I'm surprised people say that, as it's usually Incineroar that gets the hate. I personally like the whole line, even if Torracat is a bit awkward like most middle-stage evolutions. So, yeah, I don't see it as hated, unlike Incineroar, who tends to get the most heat (pun not intended).

prog rocker

Reaction score
I dislike Torracat because it's just a bigger Litten with no charm at all.

Tactician Karina

Linhardt's no.1 fangirl
Reaction score
Torracat is just very meh to me, don't love it but I don't really hate it either. Though I dock it points because it evolves into, imo, ugly Incineroar.

dig

-
Reaction score
I like Torracat..

I really don't like Incineorar. Bit too much like Tony the Tiger for me.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
It's the best middle stage in Alola and I prefer it to Incineroar. That doesn't make me a fan, though.

Chidamari Sketch

Deathscythe
Reaction score
...Really? People hate Torracat? Back when the mid-evo starter trio was revealed, Brionne was more controversial...

Honestly, I've seen lots of people hate Incineroar more than Torracat; there was at least one person I've acquainted with during a family gathering party that showed me an Gen 7 team that had Torracat well into Lv. 69.

....well, regardless, I will say that it was my least favorite of the mid-evo starters back when it was released; simply cuz it just felt too close to Litten whereas Dartrix and Brionne had more of a personality. I like it a bit more now, but I wouldn't really say it's a favorite, either.

I personally somewhat like Incineroar cuz of its fun personality; especially in Smash where it boasts like the most egotistical shit ever, but that's just me.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
In my opinion...

Final forms: Incineroar is controversial, Primarina and Decidueye are loved (but not to the degrees of Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja).
Middle forms: Dartrix is liked, Torracat has few but loyal fans and Brionne is completely forgotten.
Starter forms: Rowlet is loved, Litten is liked and Popplio has few but loyal fans.

colours

ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ
Reaction score
I'm also in the "people hate Torracat?" camp. I feel like if there's any reason to dislike Torracat, it's probably because it's slightly generic looking, but imo it's cute, so...

Arylett Charnoa

Fey Flower
Reaction score
I've seen most of the hate directed at Incineroar. Though in my opinion, I think Torracat is more forgotten than hated. People love Litten and seem to dislike Incinceroar.

Myself? My favorite of the line is Torracat. It is cuter than Litten to me, because I don't like the over the top cuteness of first stage Pokemon. That's what I tend to have a soft spot for middle evos. (Love me Ivysaur, Wartortle, Quilava, Braixen... etc.)

VulpixQueen

Pokemon Master in Training
Reaction score
Middle pokemon are always iffy for people im not sure why

Pikadex

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
Speaking of Incineroar, my starter litten has finally made it to the final evolution stage.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
I've never thought Torracat was widely disliked. In fact, I think Incineroar is far more controversial.