• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you cheat?

I don't cheat when I'm playing the games 'seriously'.

I only cheat for fun on the emulator to see events that are otherwise impossible to see.

Used to ''create'' new mons, like i used Shiny cheat to make a shiny Rapidash, and i gave her Wind/Ice moves, as to pretend that she's like a ''Freezing Fire Horse''

However, i wouldn't EVER use her in a Wi-Fi battle.

Well, in D/P, I used AR to get myself a Spiritomb. I couldn't get one since I didn't have Wifi, so, that was my only method of getting it. I never even used it.

I only cheat for two reasons. 1) before I found this website, I had no one to trade with so I just cheated to get Pokemon not available in the version I'm playing, and 2) when its an event Pokemon and the event hasn't happened yet or the event passed.

I generally don't use external programs to cheat like Game Shark or Action Replay, but I have been guilty of exploiting glitches - most notably cloning glitches. The first time I exploited it was the infamous Missingno glitch from waaaaaaaaay back in the day, then stayed clean until 4th gen. I caught a Shiny Machoke randomly somewhere and cloned that a few times to trade and give to my friends. So I guess I'm motivated to cheat because of trading! :D

I cheat because my wi-fi is unreliable and events never seem to happen anywhere near my town. And I exploit glitches just because I'm fascinated with game glitches, and there are no better glitches than the glitches in pokemon games.

I only ever used hack tools prior to Generation IV and the advent of Wi-Fi downloads - and even then only to get the Mew and Celebi I could not acquire legitimately because I live in a remote area far away from the old Nintendo mall tours.

Now that event Pokémon are routinely given out over the internet and you can trade likewise with others, I can't see any justification for hacking.

I only use ingame cheats. I use the surf glitch in Diamond to get to the Darkurai because I collect that Pokemon. I never downloaded any event Pokemon to Diamond, because I did not have wireless then. I've not used any cheats in BW, but I don't know any either.

I cheat for a few reasons (it's fair cheating, at least in my opinion, though).

First off, I don't like waiting for the legendary events to come out. And, when they do come out, I'm always coincidentally out of town. For instance, I recently used AR DSI to get Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta, because those legendaries won't be out for awhile via event. Also, I for some reason can't set up WiFi on my DSI, so I can't download the Mystery Gift to get event Pokemon. Hence, using AR is my only way to get those legendaries.

I also use the rare candy cheat to level my Pokemon up to level 100 for battles. That's mainly because I'm impatient, and I find sitting there and training for hours on end pretty boring. But, to be fair, I only do this after I beat the game, I don't do it in-game while I'm still fighting gyms/the Pokemon League.

So that's why I cheat. I'll occasionally do a walk-through-walls thing just for the heck of it because it can be funny sometimes, but, other than that, I only use fair cheats.

I just do it after I beat the game for the heck of it. I also use cheats for getting event items, like the Azure Flute or the Oak's Letter. For fun, I mean walk through walls or Pokemon Modifier
(I mean the Poketch one).

Sometimes I use cheats because I feel like it's the only way to get my money's worth from the game.
If you play the games 100% clean, you end up missing out on a lot of cool stuff. (Event Items, Event Pokemon, Event activated game features, etc..)

I don't cheat using an AR, but I do use exploitation methods such as RNG to get things a lot more easier than using conventional methods. It saves a lot of time breeding for great Pokemon. I guess to some people that would be "cheating", though IMHO, it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, if I could, I would use an AR. I just don't want to spend 20-25 dollars on something like that. XD I have nothing against people who hack their games. It is their money and game. They can do whatever they want with it.

to get legends and masterballs in diamond.
unoriginal~

i also had walk through walls because i wanted to go to sunnyshore and that ********** man wouldnt let me lol.
also diamond~

Anymore, I usually only cheat post-game, generally to max out on TM's though Gen V eliminated the need for this. The only glitch I've ever exploited was the Mew glitch in Red, for obvious reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom