• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you cheat?

Train when it's suck training mons(starts around 20 but gets unbereable at 40),events and tog et mons for challenges

The only time I've ever cheated was back in Generation I, voluntarily exploiting the Mew Glitch to get a Mew. (Mainly because I lived out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, so I couldn't get to any event.) I didn't own a Gameshark, so I had limited options.

Of course, nowadays we live in a world of PokeSavs and SendPKM, so cheating is easier than ever. But we also live in a world of online trading, so by the time Nintendo announced that Diamond/Pearl were SOL on Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, I had already traded for at least two Japanese versions of each to get me 493/493.

I've never needed to cheat since that one Mew... So why did I cheat? To balance the playing fields between me and people who could actually reach those events. Never to gain an advantage.

I cheated once using my frineds AR on my first Pt file because I was lazy. I don't cheat anymore. It sucks the fun out of Pokemon.

To replace the player character's overworld sprite. Sometimes I want to dress nice like Riley, sometimes I want to look like Silver so I can mess with him when we meet.

Also, to walk on water.

When I was younger I mostly did it for shinies. That was back in Silver I believe.

I did use an AR to get a few items in my gen 3 games to transfer over to gen 4 but obviously those are now useless. I'm not about to hack a game card I actually use against other people.

I mainly cheat just to clone pokemon and for my own benefit such as getting 999x of every item ever made in the game and for pokesaving in game battle teams that would normally take months to build such as my recent mixed sandstorm genIV team. Other than that, I really dont cheat or hack pokemon to trade to other people who dont know theyre hacks. I think its wrong and I will only make a hack upon request. :)

Most times I cheat/hack is to have fun or simply to gain time with other glitches, like using WTW to enter a house found in the Void (DP), instead of going 65535 steps three or four times diagonally to find a "fake house" with same area name. But I don't like using cheats before beating the game, to not ruin the fun of a fair game. :3

Most times I cheat/hack is to have fun or simply to gain time with other glitches, like using WTW to enter a house found in the Void (DP), instead of going 65535 steps three or four times diagonally to find a "fake house" with same area name. But I don't like using cheats before beating the game, to not ruin the fun of a fair game. :3

Explain how this glitch works. :)

Explain how this glitch works. :)

Oh, okay (sorry my bad english). It's that same glitch of E4 door, but as it was fixed in other releases, the Void is only legally accessible via the Tweaking glitch, by tweaking a area and reloading the graphics behind a door. If you do it correctly, you'll enter that infinite black area, and while you move, the area can change in every 32 steps (supposing that the counting started from Y=1). But as it's a less programmed area, sometimes it can freeze, or lock your game permanently if you save in an unsafe area (most times can be avoided by reloading the graphics before saving. When you save in any place, your coordinates will be the same but the MAP area changed. After 65536 straight steps in any direction, the area is repeated but not loaded correctly, and you can go through most places (like a semi WTW). If you save in a area like a flyable Jubilife (which is common in the Void), the entire area (Sinnoh) will be repeated after ~65000 steps (since the first Jubilife area is 430N, and Sinnoh is big), and if you save in any place outdoor place (probably a Jubilife), since the X and Y coordinates can't be higher than 65535, once you save, 65535 will be subtracted from your current coordinates, and you end in the exact place of REAL Sinnoh, needing only reload the graphics after that.

Using that glitch (can only be used in Diamond and Pearl), it's possible to go to almost any place in game, as well get Shaymin and Darkrai without the events.

I have no AR, as I am scared it will blow up my game. But what I do before a trade is trade my pokemon to my cloner, then they trade many copies back. It works very well. :D :D :D

I cheat (well, not inline cheating, but hacking) because it's fun. But that's only against myself, not against other people.

Then again, I'm the guy who will only Pokesav in Pokémon that are level 2.

Oh, okay (sorry my bad english). It's that same glitch of E4 door, but as it was fixed in other releases, the Void is only legally accessible via the Tweaking glitch, by tweaking a area and reloading the graphics behind a door. If you do it correctly, you'll enter that infinite black area, and while you move, the area can change in every 32 steps (supposing that the counting started from Y=1). But as it's a less programmed area, sometimes it can freeze, or lock your game permanently if you save in an unsafe area (most times can be avoided by reloading the graphics before saving. When you save in any place, your coordinates will be the same but the MAP area changed. After 65536 straight steps in any direction, the area is repeated but not loaded correctly, and you can go through most places (like a semi WTW). If you save in a area like a flyable Jubilife (which is common in the Void), the entire area (Sinnoh) will be repeated after ~65000 steps (since the first Jubilife area is 430N, and Sinnoh is big), and if you save in any place outdoor place (probably a Jubilife), since the X and Y coordinates can't be higher than 65535, once you save, 65535 will be subtracted from your current coordinates, and you end in the exact place of REAL Sinnoh, needing only reload the graphics after that.

Using that glitch (can only be used in Diamond and Pearl), it's possible to go to almost any place in game, as well get Shaymin and Darkrai without the events.

Yeah ive heard of the tweaking glitch before lol you just gave me a new perspective of it. :)

I cheat on my wife because her sister has a much curvier figure, and is overall a more energetic minx.....oh wait, that's a different kind of cheating (j/k, I'm not married xD).

Only cheating I really do now is using an all 31IV hacked Ditto for breeding. Why? Because RNG confuses the hell out of me, and I actually want to do well at the VGC events without having to resort to Pokésav.

Be sure to trade them to another game, though, so you don't get flagged and booted by the VGC people.

I cheat because I don't have the time in my life to breed for perfect IVs and natures in pokemon and then EV train them with a limited amount of resources straight after. I never really try to create impossible pokemon, though (like a level 999 magikarp, but that would be fun) and I usually try to make the pokemon's info seem legit, though I'm still working on it.

Also, it's fun as hell. Getting infinite items (I apparently found out there are bands for beauty contests within the held items), walking through walls, messing with the camera angles and obtaining pokemon I've never had (I just recently pokegen'd a Deoxys-A on my HeartGold version).

Für da lulz mostly

But also because I don't have DS compatible Wi-Fi at home, I can go to Burger King, which I do for events, but I can't do that everyday to get DW Pokemon, so fuck you Dream World, I'll make my own "DW" Pokemon. Then I use those to breed for new Pokemon with DW abilities and release the hack. I like the whole breed and EV train part of the game too much to cheat on it.

BECAUSE GERMANY IS TOO LAZY TO CAPTURE EM ALL I "cheat" mostly because I can't trade with anyone

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom