• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you think that Greninja were all cut in the Sun & Moon anime series?

I can definitely see Greninja coming back in Journeys, but only way later in the series. I'm actually really glad we haven't seen him, or even Serena return yet (or in SM). They would quickly steal all the spotlight of the newcomers again, and it'll just feel like the anime is trying to relive its 'glory days' rather than moving forward and building something new, and potentially even better (like the focus being on Lucario right now).
I mean, if Greninja or none of the XY Companions for that matter, appear in Journeys, then its clear that the Staff does have something against XY or just likes to piss people off lmao.

Given how toxic XYZ fans can be towards the SM anime, I might get a sick sense of pleasure if that happens lol.

I hated Infernape and I hated Greninja lol It just sucked up too many of the important battles and too much time for me to enjoy his screentime. I'd prefer all the team got an average amount of attention rather than one of them getting most.

I also never really got the sense that Ash and Greninja were particularly more close than with any of his other Pokémon so Ash-Greninja just didn't feel particularly right to me.

The writers might just get bored of writing the same Pokémon over and over especially if they just gave it tons of attention.

I wonder if Greninja will look different this time around because of Ash's New Journeys Shirt. His "Ash-Greninja" look was based off of Ash's Kalos Clothes anyway.

I hated Infernape and I hated Greninja lol It just sucked up too many of the important battles and too much time for me to enjoy his screentime. I'd prefer all the team got an average amount of attention rather than one of them getting most.

They were headed in the right direction with how they handled Ash's SM team. Rowlet, Pikachu, Lycanroc, and Litten all got enough screen time. Right now it looks like they have regressed in that regard with Riolu and Pikachu getting most of the spotlight. But I have feeling that is going to change once Riolu evolves.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom