• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you think that Greninja were all cut in the Sun & Moon anime series?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Greninja was Japan's #1 most popular Pokémon for the promotion of the original Japanese version of the 19th Pokémon movie, and has also later been the #1 most popular Pokémon of the Year 2020 according to the campaign by Google and The Pokémon Company. Any number of Greninja have appeared in the XY anime series, and they were all cut in the Sun & Moon anime series, even though none of their fans are upset about it. So, right after the end of the XY anime series finale, despite it's most popularity, I'm just wanting to know why you think Greninja were all cut in the Sun & Moon anime series? Please let me know, thanks. :)

Greninja wasn't really cut from SM. It just never appeared during that series. While it would have been nice for Ash to reunite with Greninja, there really wasn't a point during SM's run where I think that could have happened. Yeah, Greninja was and still is popular and players get Ash-Greninja in Sun/Moon, but there wasn't much of an in-universe reason for Ash to suddenly go back to Kalos or for Greninja to appear in Alola. The Pokemon of the Year poll wouldn't be enough to really change anything, especially when episodes would have been long completed by the time the results came in.

I do think that Greninja could appear sometime during Journeys. It's partly due to the region hopping format making it easier to justify Ash being in Kalos and also due to how Greninja is still such a popular Pokemon well after the sixth generation. It's not a guarantee by any means, but I think that the odds of Greninja appearing at some point during Journeys' run are at least decent.

Ash's Greninja specifically didn't appear for the reasons Hidden Mew listed. But as for the species in general; it's the final stage of a starter Pokémon, and these simply don't appear as often in regions that they didn't debut in. The chances of any Trainer with a Greninja showing up in Alola/SM were extremely slim to begin with.

He was too cool for pokémon school.
1599818471739.jpg

He was too cool for pokémon school.
No he diserves to be away from Ash how He (Greninja) stole spotlight from other partners. I believe Greninja will return but near the end of Pokémon Journeys and getting some 1 to 2 battles again but not stealing others spots. Every of Ash's Pokémon (Released and also which are at reserves) need a return.

Easy answer, no storyline for it. Infernape had just as intensive an arc but was benched at the end of Diamond and Pearl and has been ever since. Charizard is a fan favorite, plus the Kanto pandering.

Yes, the Ash-Greninja is available through the Sun and Moon game demo, but that was probably synergy/marketing to get people to download the demo and be more interested in the games. Not many Kalos Pokemon were in the Sun and Moon series compared to the native Alolan species and forms.

Hey, guys. Do you think that Greninja should need more TV anime screentime, including in the Journeys series, because of its most popularity?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom