• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you think the games have changed?

Thinking about this further GameFreak have always thrown away good ideas. Ever since Gen II I loved the “acorn balls”. I loved soaring, seasons and megas even Z moves were ok.

I cringed when the Kaiju battles were confirmed. People seem to think it will be great for online I disagree I think mega is much more strategic.

Thinking about this further GameFreak have always thrown away good ideas. Ever since Gen II I loved the “acorn balls”. I loved soaring, seasons and megas even Z moves were ok.

I cringed when the Kaiju battles were confirmed. People seem to think it will be great for online I disagree I think mega is much more strategic.

Here's my gripe with Dynamaxing, and here's with assumptions since we have to work with what we have.
If Dynamaxing makes your Pokémon stats absolutely bonkers, then when the opponent Dynamaxes, you either have to also Dynamax to counter that or risk having 3 of your Pokémon get swept to oblivion.

Assuming Dynamax does not take one full turn, this could mean he who Dynamaxes first gets precedent and can type counter better than the recipient. If the recipient even dares think about switching in, there is a possibility the switched in Pokémon could get swept, thus giving a free kill.

Assuming Dynamax does take one full turn, that would be better, I suppose, and I assume the 3-turn timer doesn't start until next turn.

TL;DR dynamax why

Here's my gripe with Dynamaxing, and here's with assumptions since we have to work with what we have.
If Dynamaxing makes your Pokémon stats absolutely bonkers, then when the opponent Dynamaxes, you either have to also Dynamax to counter that or risk having 3 of your Pokémon get swept to oblivion.

Assuming Dynamax does not take one full turn, this could mean he who Dynamaxes first gets precedent and can type counter better than the recipient. If the recipient even dares think about switching in, there is a possibility the switched in Pokémon could get swept, thus giving a free kill.

Assuming Dynamax does take one full turn, that would be better, I suppose, and I assume the 3-turn timer doesn't start until next turn.

TL;DR dynamax why

Why is my feeling

I grow up in Japan until I was due to start high school them my parents moved back to the United Kingdom so my Japanese is ok. From what I have read from Japanese interviews it’s only the HP that changes outside of raids. Could be reading that wrong but it seems pointless. From what my sister saw at E3 (it seems to take your turn to Dynamax.

Just seems lazy would have been happy with Megas and or Z moves why remove them?

Why is my feeling

I grow up in Japan until I was due to start high school them my parents moved back to the United Kingdom so my Japanese is ok. From what I have read from Japanese interviews it’s only the HP that changes outside of raids. Could be reading that wrong but it seems pointless. From what my sister saw at E3 (it seems to take your turn to Dynamax.

Just seems lazy would have been happy with Megas and or Z moves why remove them?

This is some pretty good info! I hope we're not spoiling it here, but good speculations regardless!

They always have got to come up with a new gimmick every generation to keep the cash engine rolling, it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why discard a mechanic (Mega Evos) that could be worked further upon (there's only like 40 something, c'mon) and is well-received by the crowd. SMH

This is some pretty good info! I hope we're not spoiling it here, but good speculations regardless!

They always have got to come up with a new gimmick every generation to keep the cash engine rolling, it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why discard a mechanic (Mega Evos) that could be worked further upon (there's only like 40 something, c'mon) and is well-received by the crowd. SMH

I can delete if asked but I thought this was common knowledge. My Japanese is rusty but I’m sure Masuda-san said so himself.

I get that but do gimmicks really bring the kids in I doubt it. Surely the fact it’s on a home console is enough all they had to do was do their best the fact it’s on Switch would have sold like hotcakes. I’m looking forward to town but GF have said they want to make a game as good if not better than Pokémon and I’m sorry that is impossible for them.

I get that but do gimmicks really bring the kids in I doubt it. Surely the fact it’s on a home console is enough all they had to do was do their best the fact it’s on Switch would have sold like hotcakes.

Just hope they don't get ahead of themselves, at this point. There has been some criticisms of GF "deteriorating" in quality, which I still hope they will continue to put out good quality games, but I guess they're in hot water, or at least, slightly warm lol.

Just hope they don't get ahead of themselves, at this point. There has been some criticisms of GF "deteriorating" in quality, which I still hope they will continue to put out good quality games, but I guess they're in hot water, or at least, slightly warm lol.

They need to take 2 years for the first game in a Gen apparently they’ve been working on S&S since 2014 but I just can’t believe that. They are acting like they need to remodel every pokémon when upscaling US&UM would be better than no NatDex in my opinion.

Having said all this not NatDex was not a massive deal for me as I assumed DPP remakes would cover the missing mon. I only got annoyed at the lies and excuses of GameFreak.

The reaction by some of the fans was disgusting though false r**e allegations come on garbage tier move guys.

They need to take 2 years for the first game in a Gen apparently they’ve been working on S&S since 2014 but I just can’t believe that. They are acting like they need to remodel every pokémon when upscaling US&UM would be better than no NatDex in my opinion.

Having said all this not NatDex was not a massive deal for me as I assumed DPP remakes would cover the missing mon. I only got annoyed at the lies and excuses of GameFreak.

The reaction by some of the fans was disgusting though false r**e allegations come on garbage tier move guys.

This is why I didn't judge Dynamax as harshly as others did. As I said, it's not just one big Pokémon becomes big HURR mechanic. There are more intricate layers beyond that. Don't judge a book by its cover

This is why I didn't judge Dynamax as harshly as others did. As I said, it's not just one big Pokémon becomes big HURR mechanic. There are more intricate layers beyond that. Don't judge a book by its cover

First thing that came to mind was DynaWooloo UwU to me that’s worth £100.

Maybe they keep experimenting to find new ways to keep the series from going stale?

Agreed but the here today gone tomorrow gimmicks are not the solution in my opinion. Alola was great despite it’s flaws it really mixed things up.

I think if they focus on story and Pokémon people would still be playing it in 100 years. The problem is they can’t diverge from the formula as the TGC and the Anime both require it to stay pretty much as is for merchandise etc vis-à-vis the Pokémon starters legendaries etc they can’t change much.

Agreed but the here today gone tomorrow gimmicks are not the solution in my opinion. Alola was great despite it’s flaws it really mixed things up.

I think if they focus on story and Pokémon people would still be playing it in 100 years. The problem is they can’t diverge from the formula as the TGC and the Anime both require it to stay pretty much as is for merchandise etc vis-à-vis the Pokémon starters legendaries etc they can’t change much.
It's a shame I don't own Game Freak, otherwise I'd change it all in a heartbeat. :/

I mean.

We can help you out in attempting a coupe.

Just say the word.
I'd rather not take any credit. Especially if there's bloodshed involved.

Also, the problem is that A: I don't speak Japanese, and B: I'm not a genius at computers, so I couldn't even get a job there.

Maybe they keep experimenting to find new ways to keep the series from going stale?

Definitely. Innovation is a must in a technology-ridden era like this. My gripe is that innovation doesn't always equate having to scrap old ideas. Innovation via improving or building upon old ideas is still as much innovation as a new thing altogether!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom