• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why do you watch Pokémon?

For me:
-I've been watching since the first episode!
-For fun!
-Charizard!
-If Satoshi/Ash will ever like a girl other than Giselle.
-The Gym Battles (fave is Charizard vs. Magmar); Championship Battles; if Satoshi/Ash will ever be the Champion!
-Plus I like the games.

I guess that is all I can think of, so there!! ^^

I have seen every episode so far, but my four favorite in America so far are A Chansey Operation (Especially the scene with meowth's charm)
Like it or lup it (I love Piplup)
I'll edit with the other two later
+

well, i stopped since Charizard vs. Articuno...
but now i don't wanna because of Dawn. I saw her in youTube and i was like
What
The
Hell!!!!

Yeah, Pokemon would have more appeal if there was a better balance between plot, small arcs, and fillers. The plot is bare bones, and is only hinted at post-Kanto, as Ash says what League, Gym, or whatever he will conquer, otherwise the gang just sightsees (If you watch a filler, you'll see). I suppose it's really about your favorite characters, Pokemon you want to see, Gym battles (Aipom is badass) and the laughs. I can forgive such faults, seeing the target audience is a few years younger than me.

Heh, when I started watching again, it was because it was 6 am and nothing was on so I stuck it on for nostalgia's sakes and to just plain poke fun. I started getting really nostalgic and got my ruby game and started playing it again. Since then i've become completely addicted again.
EDIT:20th post.xD That's a big achievement for me, I usually just lurk a lot on forums.

Last edited:
I still watch it because of nostalgia, and plus, I find it relaxing. :] It makes me smile.

I watch the Japanese Raws, and sometimes I do watch the PUSA dub, but I usually miss them because I don't have the time or am not home (or forget that it comes on). However I haven't stopped watching it because I don't like it, it's mainly because of an inconvenience.

Because I've watched it since I was a little kid and now I'm bored alot[naruto and the darn fillers *whimpers*]....Also,for some reason I've been "craving" pokemon fanart.

I actually stopped watching for a least a few years before getting back into it part way through dp I found watching this and other shows from childhood seemed help when I was feeling down sadly not anymore but I still try to watch it

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom