• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why does Alolan Persian get so much hate...

Reaction score
I know its round head isn't ideal but I've been waiting for a dark-type cat other than Liepard. I know if you want to use it, you can. Im just not sure why this rounded and mischievous cat gets so much hate.

Attachments

• 353af0ca7a2add99ca7537c53049b538.jpg
    353af0ca7a2add99ca7537c53049b538.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 66
I've never liked its half-closed eyes and persanality, and it isn't much better in battle than Kantonian Persian. A shame, really, as I like British Shorthair cats in real life.

People just put far too much stock in physical appearances. It's one of our greatest turnoffs as a fandom, we vehemently hate anything that looks even remotely daft while fawning over "cool-looking" Pokémon like Lucario.

I love Alolan Persian. Goodest kitty boi. Caught a Meowth at the start of Moon and that little guy stayed with me an became a champion. Killed birds with power gem.

I wanna smoosh its round foofy face.

People just put far too much stock in physical appearances. It's one of our greatest turnoffs as a fandom, we vehemently hate anything that looks even remotely daft while fawning over "cool-looking" Pokémon like Lucario.

Well, everyone is allowed to have different criteria for what makes them like or dislike a Pokemon. For me, appearance is a large part of it, if not almost all of it.

People who like Pokemon by design can also dislike Lucario for its design. (I'm not one of them, but I'm just saying)

Anyway, on-topic: I'm neutral toward Alolan Persian. Don't really have an opinion over it one way or another.

It’s because its head is large and disproportionate to its body. Basically they took regular Persian, coloured it gray and made its head look swollen. That’s why it’s considered by most of the fandom to be the worst Alolan form.

Since nobody's mentioned it yet: Before Sun & Moon came out, Alolan Meowth was revealed a while before Alolan Persian was. At the time, a big reason why everyone disliked it so strongly was because people had been speculating beforehand about what it would look like. Most people were pretty convinced that Alolan Persian would look like an elegant, panther-like cat, similarly to its Kantonian counterpart — and when it actually got revealed... well... it definitely shattered some expectations to say the least.

For what it's worth, I was initially disappointed with just how goofy it looked, but I grew to like the thing pretty quickly. It does look like very much like a British Shorthair and those kinds of kitties are cute.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom