• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why does everyone love Buizel so much??

Bellossom

Reaction score
Okay so I am NOT hating on Buizel, I am just wondering if I am missing something...why SO MUCH love??

Is it because it is a water type that is not a fish?

cuteness?

Something I am totally missing?

Again, I am not hating..just very curious. Fill me in!

I think the biggest mistake with this thread is the fact that it exists.

Still, it can't hurt to talk about a well-known Pokémon, though I think this might be moved sometime.

Buizel's popular to most because the anime features it, most likely. It's the curse of a lot of Pokémon from the franchise - once it's popular, there are lots of people who will come out and say it's overrated. VERY much the case of that Pikachu who has stuck with Ash Ketchum for 14 years now.

I didn't know it was that popular. The only significant I see about it is that it looks like Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog, or at least it tails do.

Well non-generic fish-like Water type are always popular due to their anthromorphic features, so they are capable of battling on both land and sea. Just ask the Water starters (and Psyduck).

People like cute mammals (cats, dogs, rodents and lagomorphs, etc.). Buizel is one of the few furry mammalian water types, and the fact it has a rather cute design and starred in the anime helps too.

I'm not a big fan of Buizel, really, despite water being my favorite type. He scores pretty low on my scale. Regardless, I can see the appeal.

Well, I love it because it's a cute water-type that also happens to be a weasel. And I absolutely love weasels! So that's probably it. Obviously not everyone love it, though.

I wonder the same about shiny Golett. I don't understand why almost everyone around here seems to be obsessed with it.

While I wouldn't call Buizel a favorite, I think he's just adorable. Even Floatzel is adorable. x3

His anime voice was insanely adorable. I've yet to get very far with training one in the games though.

Well, I wouldn't say I LOVE Buizel but Buizel is special to me because it's the only legit shiny I ever saw in the wild. I still can't get over the fact that I wasn't able to catch it.

Well personally, I don't like it, I don't watch the show or read the manga so I wouldn't know about it's appearances there, and when I first saw it I seriously thought something was wrong with the sprite. I left it in the box and eventually used it in an in game trade (Platinum). I might have actually tried it out if Piplup wasn't my starter

I know it's popular in a certain places which cannot be mentioned, but the regular fandom? I know some people that may like Floatzel. If I didn't pick Piplup as a starter in the fourth gen, I would've used it, too. Upon finding out it doesn't have a very good movepool, it has diminished to me. I know the anime caused it to be popular somewhat, but I don't think that holds much weight.

I personally think that there are better choices for a Water type in Sinnoh. Like, say... Gyarados?

It has bright colors and looks cool. The one in the anime also had a great attitude. I think these are the reasons.

There's better Pokémon than Buizel and Floatzel, but I want to say it's because of Marriland (his skin in Minecraft is a Buizel) and the animé.

Well I like it because of the anime and of how adorable it is.

I wonder the same about shiny Golett. I don't understand why almost everyone around here seems to be obsessed with it.

I wonder the same about Charizard. I don't understand why almost everyone around here seems to be obsessed with it.

I wonder the same about Charizard. I don't understand why almost everyone around here seems to be obsessed with it.

Yeah, that too. I mean, I know it's black and it looks very cool, but I don't think it's something worth to obsess over.

I don't think his fanbase is that much bigger.

It's probably because of the anime. The pokémon on Ash's team might have slightly bigger fanbases because, well, screentime.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom