• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why Females (Girls, & Women) cannot win Pokemon League?

why the same?
the gym leader would have 3 good pokemon , together 12 moves to choice.
If there would be a day or two pause between battles , for one we could get a mega, while the other could be a diffrent kind.
+ gym leaders would change strategy depending on oponent and pokemon they battle.
mostly in games we had gym leaders with more pokemon that werent used then in the anime.
+ many pokemon would need to appear.

In XY the fairy gym didnt use two good fairy type pokemon like Mr Mime and Mawile.

In Diamond and Pearl the fighting type gym and Dawn were ok or not?

Dawn was a one off which is what made it interesting, this would be doing 8 times and it would be annoying around the third time. Plus they would only be able to make one of th ebattles for each interesting I'm assuming, instead of 8 gym battles they would need to do 16

Gym leaders adapt their team based on the trainer yes... but that's based on number of badges. If Ash and Girly McGirlFace walk in and face the leaders in the same order they will face the exact same Pokemon. How is the leader supposed to know what Pokemon the challenger is using to be able to adapt? they just ask how badges they have (this happened for Ash with Roxie and was shown also in Pokemon Origins and mentioned in the games as a thing that happens). Unless Ash and Girly travelled separate and we saw them face them in a different order so that we see different Pokemon, there'd be no point and it would be awful, unless I guess every gym battle is in one episode and we only see parts of them to avoid repeats.

Gym leaders adapt their team based on the trainer yes... but that's based on number of badges. If Ash and Girly McGirlFace walk in and face the leaders in the same order they will face the exact same Pokemon. How is the leader supposed to know what Pokemon the challenger is using to be able to adapt? they just ask how badges they have (this happened for Ash with Roxie and was shown also in Pokemon Origins and mentioned in the games as a thing that happens). Unless Ash and Girly travelled separate and we saw them face them in a different order so that we see different Pokemon, there'd be no point and it would be awful, unless I guess every gym battle is in one episode and we only see parts of them to avoid repeats.

yes but move sets can change and often the gym leaders see their first pokemon that walks with tchem and can asume what pokemon they could have cathch with the help of tchem.

If I would be a gym leader and see a trainer with a pikachu I would asume he has a flying, bug, grass or normal poke in his team early on. Then I would use pokes with bot only right order and dual typing but also the right moves. Many gym leaders in past anime wise, had chosen to have there battles nect day for training.

Plus why negate and not to think how to make it work?
I would suggest only that sometimes there ways could be seperated like they did in Kalos.
Plus as you said , one could loose and have a rematch later when revisiting a area and so on, this way it would be more unpredictable and the anime could be longer.

yes but move sets can change and often the gym leaders see their first pokemon that walks with tchem and can asume what pokemon they could have cathch with the help of tchem.

If I would be a gym leader and see a trainer with a pikachu I would asume he has a flying, bug, grass or normal poke in his team early on. Then I would use pokes with bot only right order and dual typing but also the right moves. Many gym leaders in past anime wise, had chosen to have there battles nect day for training.

I would suggest only that sometimes there ways could be seperated like they did in Kalos.
Plus as you said , one could loose and have a rematch later when revisiting a area and so on, this way it would be more unpredictable and the anime could be longer.

Different moves wouldn't look appealing once again as long as the leaders use the same Pokemon. The anime is not competitive by any means.
They just use what looks pretty and appealing.

Just because Ash has his Pikachu walking around with him doens't mean suddenly everyone does it. For 99.9% of gym battles it's "hi I want a fight", they talk a little (and I'd assume to ask how many badges they have to determine what Pokemon to use) then they send their guys out.

Just because Ash has his Pikachu walking around with him doens't mean suddenly everyone does it. For 99.9% of gym battles it's "hi I want a fight", they talk a little (and I'd assume to ask how many badges they have to determine what Pokemon to use) then they send their guys out.

but its also an atitude. Plus seein the first pokemon can help in determining the trainers other pokemon if you know how many badges and from where the trainer started his journey.
Plus many trainers show their badges and a gym leadear could theoretically assume what pokemon could they have catched on their journey.

Different moves wouldn't look appealing once again as long as the leaders use the same Pokemon. The anime is not competitive by any means.
They just use what looks pretty and appealing.

what? you say that you didnt like when a gym leaders pokemon lets say evolved in or after a battle , or before a rematch?
Miltank? Cranidos? Venemoth?

I think it would be appeling to see difrent battle strategies from switching, trapping and others.
Shame that they too the flinching power from Cranidos Zen Headbutt back then in DP(the move change in the game).

I dont say the same pokemon but I liked how they handled Paul and Ash battle with Roark.
And imagine, yes its diffrent when a pokemon uses dig and sandstorm, difrent is sandtomb and diffrent if other moves.
Its the anime, they can show how moves colide and end with a tie, that moves neutralize themselfs, that sometimes a move backfires and so on. That was always appealing.(the games could have learned more from some anime ideas)

i all for the animé doing more for representing females in less stereotypical way sadly know that seems to be the flaw of many amine not just pokemon and they have done good job at times

Didn't sinnoh do repeat gym leaders? Paul battled roark, Dawn faced maylene, zoey faced Fantina, In Unova cilan faced Skyla.

I say the question is as subjective as asking "Why does Ash not win any Pokémon League?". But, yeah, letting a girl win a League on-screen would be a nice change of pace for the anime, and so would Ash winning a League, but that's not the topic at hand. ;) I have to say, Bianca, being Ash's first female rival, and with the amount of screentime and development she got, was a nice step in this regard, and she actually showed promise to me with her team and her character. But then, status quo is status quo, even if it means that the anime must do anything bizarre it likes, to cause a cheeky knockout against the female rival, what with a +6 Defense-boosted, healthy Escavalier getting knocked out by a Razor Shell! :(

I say the question is as subjective as asking "Why does Ash not win any Pokémon League?". But, yeah, letting a girl win a League on-screen would be a nice change of pace for the anime, and so would Ash winning a League, but that's not the topic at hand. ;) I have to say, Bianca, being Ash's first female rival, and with the amount of screentime and development she got, was a nice step in this regard, and she actually showed promise to me with her team and her character. But then, status quo is status quo, even if it means that the anime must do anything bizarre it likes, to cause a cheeky knockout against the female rival, what with a +6 Defense-boosted, healthy Escavalier getting knocked out by a Razor Shell! :(
Wasn't Escavalier knocked out by internal shockwaves?

Lillie, Mallow, Lana and Jessie were the only contenders. They didn't stand a chance.

Still an improvement from the last three leagues.

Not to mention that she barely battled.

Marnie is almost guaranteed to be treated as a serious rival, but I wouldn't bet on her getting to the finals.

Sorry guys, only 1 girl is allowed in the Top 8. /s

Katharine, Astrid, Lana are lucky.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom