• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why has Team Rocket never been given proper treatment?

Because the TRio have just been further and further developed as a staple of comic relief, I do not presently see the TR organization being showcased seriously anymore. I'm not saying it couldn't, but that it's just very unlikely.

However:
Could you imagine if the main group was Ash, Jessie/James, and third person to be named later? I can already tell you that'd be a much more fun character dynamic. Plus, you suddenly have a reason for making the actual Team Rocket because a real villain force ("Our agents went rogue! Pose as a team, cause shit just got real!").

This. I like that idea. It would certainly change the show, even if it would be done for only a few episodes. I'd especially love to see an Ash/Jessie/Brock trio. I'd laugh for days.
Plus, thanks Keegman. This gives me some food for thought for a fanfic.:lick:

My guess, cuz there villains.
This is not a dark anime like some shows that they develope the villains.
This is a comedy show that show our Heroes doing gyms or contests or whatever. Now Jessie's already got some good development, its James or Meowth I often worry about. I'm hopping next Generation things change a bit.

This. I like that idea. It would certainly change the show, even if it would be done for only a few episodes. I'd especially love to see an Ash/Jessie/Brock trio. I'd laugh for days.

They already did that in "Forest Grumps" back in Johto for an ep. One of the few Johto fillers that was actually good and funny.

Yeah I think they should (since the smexy commanders of Team Galactic left)

Maybe a run in with the executives from HG/SS and they all help catch Pikachu and Dawn's pokemon team (thus making a sad ending to her character lol)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom