• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why hello there.

krentz

Reaction score
Potential tl;dr warning, I somehow manage to type a lot even when not intending to.

Damn, I can't believe I'm actually posting this. I am posting it, right? Well, yes, I suppose I am. Anyway, I have to say that was a very creative captcha you got there! Usually they're just the standard verbal ones. Is this like the Ruins of Alph or something?

Well, what to say? I used to be into Pokémon in a huge way starting from when I first discovered it about 12 years ago. I'm 23 now. (God, has it already been so long? The time just fritters away...) I chanced upon an episode of the anime, I believe, and found it sufficiently interesting to warrant a frenzied Internet search attempting to discover anything and everything about it.

Some 30 minutes later I was playing Blue on SMYGB, but ended up buying a Game Boy Colour along with the retail cartridge anyway. I like to think that my interest predated the global Pokémon craze of '98-'00, but I must say it was very refreshing to have my interests and those of the mainstream intersect, however temporarily, as I was always marginalised at school. I used to watch the anime - I still have the promo cards from The First Movie, actually - played the games entirely too much, and also played the TCG. Bought Pojo magazine and everything. (Incidentally, I'm surprised they're still going!)

I probably lost interest somewhere along the line while waiting for the release of Stadium 2. Except, of course, that I never really did, it was just put on the backburner for a while as I moved on to later and greater things. However, I've been playing through Pokémon XD on the GCN for the first time recently, finally being able to get it for myself, and I find myself coming almost full circle. It's like a bizarre brand of homecoming.

Of course, no longer being as young as I was when I first got into it, it's a little bit awkward. Now I'm not the greatest fan of arbitrarily imposed societal stigmas at the best of times, but I still can't help but feel a little self-conscious. (I remember my father telling me at 14, oh, you'll grow out of it, you'll forget about it. I knew it would still be lurking inside, somewhere, but it's something of a hollow victory.)

I've been using Bulbapedia religiously of late and actually had no idea that this was its parent site. Stumbling upon it, it seemed like a welcoming atmosphere, so I thought, hey, why not? I can't guarantee you I'll stick around or be an active poster, as I seem to be very mercurial in my interests and obsessions despite myself. But I'm certainly signing up with the intention of becoming part of what seems like a pretty awesome community.

Potential tl;dr warning, I somehow manage to type a lot even when not intending to.

Damn, I can't believe I'm actually posting this. I am posting it, right? Well, yes, I suppose I am. Anyway, I have to say that was a very creative captcha you got there! Usually they're just the standard verbal ones. Is this like the Ruins of Alph or something?

Well, what to say? I used to be into Pokémon in a huge way starting from when I first discovered it about 12 years ago. I'm 23 now. (God, has it already been so long? The time just fritters away...) I chanced upon an episode of the anime, I believe, and found it sufficiently interesting to warrant a frenzied Internet search attempting to discover anything and everything about it.

Some 30 minutes later I was playing Blue on SMYGB, but ended up buying a Game Boy Colour along with the retail cartridge anyway. I like to think that my interest predated the global Pokémon craze of '98-'00, but I must say it was very refreshing to have my interests and those of the mainstream intersect, however temporarily, as I was always marginalised at school. I used to watch the anime - I still have the promo cards from The First Movie, actually - played the games entirely too much, and also played the TCG. Bought Pojo magazine and everything. (Incidentally, I'm surprised they're still going!)

I probably lost interest somewhere along the line while waiting for the release of Stadium 2. Except, of course, that I never really did, it was just put on the backburner for a while as I moved on to later and greater things. However, I've been playing through Pokémon XD on the GCN for the first time recently, finally being able to get it for myself, and I find myself coming almost full circle. It's like a bizarre brand of homecoming.

Of course, no longer being as young as I was when I first got into it, it's a little bit awkward. Now I'm not the greatest fan of arbitrarily imposed societal stigmas at the best of times, but I still can't help but feel a little self-conscious. (I remember my father telling me at 14, oh, you'll grow out of it, you'll forget about it. I knew it would still be lurking inside, somewhere, but it's something of a hollow victory.)

I've been using Bulbapedia religiously of late and actually had no idea that this was its parent site. Stumbling upon it, it seemed like a welcoming atmosphere, so I thought, hey, why not? I can't guarantee you I'll stick around or be an active poster, as I seem to be very mercurial in my interests and obsessions despite myself. But I'm certainly signing up with the intention of becoming part of what seems like a pretty awesome community.

Welcome to bmgf.Thats a very nice intro.:)

Welcome to the forums, and have fun! I hope to see you again.

Hmm... you know that feeling when you're hungover, and you've done something potentially terribly embarrassing that you're not sure you want to remember? Well, I don't, because I barely drink, but that's besides the point. Anyway, thanks for all the welcomes everyone. You're too kind!

TheCapsFan5000 said:
Lemme guess... You're a writer?
Haha... actually, no. But that's more due to lack of motivation than lack of interest. I always did enjoy it, I just get a little jaded when I consider how impractical it would be to pursue as a career. I know that probably shouldn't stop me from doing it in my own time, though.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom