• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is Misty underrated as a battler?

Why are Misty's Battle Skills so Underrated?

• Ash was spoiled with main character luxury

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • They didn't appeal to fans

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • They really shouldn't be, cause she is better than Ash

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • IDK

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascada

Reaction score
To me she is, I believe she is the strongest out of all the main characters, including Ash. I always loved Misty's battle style, how she used to use her Pokemon no matter what disadvantage, and even if she loss, as long as she gave it her all, she was proud of herself and her pokemon.

For Example, in the Totodile Duel, and in Pokemon Movie 3.

Misty did beat Ash, but yet, she is often seen as inferior to him, May, and Dawn.

Ash got spoiled with luxuries because he is the #1 main character, and I love Ash, but Misty had much more spunk, drive, and ambition.

Misty is the closest thing Ash had to a female rival. I mean, Ash and Misty battled for Pokemon, in a Gym, outside a Gym, and in a World Competiton.

My point is, why is Misty so underrated as a battler? She was awesome to me, and this is not me being biased. This is me being truthful, and honest.

May and Dawn's teams are good, but Misty's a vet at her profession of training water types, and we don't know what's up with her right now, she could be a Champion for all we know. Anyway, we're bound to see her soon, since the League is coming up, but in general, why is Misty so underrated as a battler, she doesn't deserve it.

Misty is the one who spoiled with winning against Ash. Writers allways be nice to her.

she's a gym leader after all, which means she's good with her water-type pokémon. otherwise, she would have never gotten the position of gym leader.

she could easily DESTROY may's team, as well as dawn's.

Misty is the one who spoiled with winning against Ash. Writers allways be nice to her.

Not true, let's not forget that win was well deserved. Misty was like a coach to Ash, no one can deny this, this is factual, she says so in the Johto League.

Misty always kept it real about Ash's battling style, and she had the most Pokemon than any other main character, Ash included, joining the show.

Ash beating Misty in the Whirl Cup would have been an insult to her character, because she's the Water Type Trainer not Ash, and Ash really wouldn't be all that good today if not for Misty.

I realized my poll choices were rather odd and unfair, sorry. Just go with your gut feeling guys.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm making sure older fans can get some say in this section.

she's a gym leader after all, which means she's good with her water-type pokémon. otherwise, she would have never gotten the position of gym leader.

Like Brock, right? :)

she could easily DESTROY may's team, as well as dawn's.

With what pokemon?

Er, poll is really biased with no "They weren't good" option.

What does not help Misty's case is Psyduck.

all of her pokémon have probably evolved by now, which makes them a lot more stronger.

she's had most of them since kanto, and that technically makes them powerhouses (assuming she's been training with them).

seaking, starmie, kingdra, golduck, azumarill... and starmie, politoed, corsola, luvdisc. she's probably caught more pokémon, so yeah.

Lol @ her being better than Ash.

But, really people tend to underrate her becuase she didn't battle as much as Ash, or the other girls. She also really hasn't displayed anything on their level anyway.

I wouldn't say easily, because gym leaders are meant to be a challenge, but they're not supposed to totally destroy challengers.

Being a gym leader probably limits her strength.
I this can be compared to Volkner and Flint.
They both seemed to be equal when they were younger, but Volkner became a gym leader, and Flint went off on a journey to become stronger.
Flint returned as an Elite Four member.

I don't think Misty's going to get much stronger battling rookies in her gym all the time.

Er, poll is really biased with no "They weren't good" option.

You don't say... Where's the she's overrated option ?

So, I can't really give any reason why she's underated as a battler, because I think that people who think she's not that great of a battler base their impression on what was presented of the show where she...

1- Battled in less than 20% of the episodes she appeared in
2- Most of her important wins came from Psyduck, a pokémon she neither trained or really controlled in battle.
3- Because she's never been shown to win, let alone battle, against some strong opponents like Frontier Brains or Elite 4 members or some of the really strong gym leaders, like Volkner, Clair or Juan.
4- There's many trainers who specializes solely in water types who have been shown to be stronger than Misty, like Trinity, Juan and Wallace. You could argue that Wake falls into that category.

Brock was a gym leader, and he is not any better than Ash or May...

Wake better than Misty, dream on Gible!!! lol :)

I actually see them at about the same level.

Ok, ok, to each its own, I just believe Misty was the best developed and passionate trainer out of all the main characters, especially the Gym Leaders.

I hope Ash and Misty battle one more time at least, Ash really should battle all the Gym Leaders he did not win badges fairly against, IMO.

People underate Misty :O
But if you mean battles, I guess maybe cuz we'd hardly see her.
I never really underate her at battling, I found each girl to be great at it. But her better than Ash? Bahahaha!!!!

I really don't know. Even though I read the first post, I still don't see how Misty is underrated as a battler. To me, she's just as good as May and Dawn were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom