• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

why is my postcount going up so much ?_?

I've seen tons of people complain about their postcount going down but this is the first time someone mentions it going up. XD

BTW, Kasumi, you forgot to mod someone in that section. Have Rayne do it since they modded it before the split. XP

Mondo, you somehow have... 12000 now. And I have over 6000. Which is weird, because Archaic said he'd retrograde the posts and take the games out... and I was originally down around 5000 or so.

Perhaps some other forum that used to have posts not counted is now being counted, and the new totals reflect that.

Oh, so I wasn't the only one. I thought my post count looked a bit inflated (but only a bit: I seem to remember it being in the later 12,000s).

Then again, once the posts in Games stop counting, it'll probably drop down to a couple hundred....
Gaiasweatdrop.gif

+ 1000 (approx.)

I didn't even notice this until reading this thread.

I'm a sucker for the Games forum, and my count didn't change at all... <_<

Is there any chance it could be, for whatever reason, counting the Clubs posts twice? My post count seems largely the same as it was, and I've only made a handful of posts in any thread now in the Clubs forum. Seems (though, I could be wrong) that a lot of people with inflated post counts are active in various Clubs.

Since it's still counting the total number of posts made in the Games forum BEFORE postcount was shut off, maybe it's somehow still detecting the various Clubs posts that were in that forum and tacking them on to the number from the new Clubs forum.

That's just me brainstorming, though.

Is there any chance it could be, for whatever reason, counting the Clubs posts twice?

Sounds exactly like what happened to me. I've made a little under a hundred posts in a few clubs there and my count seems to have scaled appropriately, from the 500s to the 600s since I last checked.

I'm guessing that disabling postcounts now does just that- disable them disallowing any further post+1, not turn off previous posts.

From the past discussion in the club directory, deleting a thread would wipe the postcounts. In this case you transferred entire threads over but I don't know if the method you used was the same move function mods use. I'm not sure how the system works but it seems as if it copied the threads over while keeping all the old counts in check. Unless there were someway to wipe the phantom posts from old forum, I don't see anyway to reset the counts to their fair marks .. not that I could even do that, but such a task might bust some balls.

There's a function for it which we could run... but then postcounts might suddenly and unexpectedly change, again.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom