• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Why is no one into Pokemon Sleep anyone?

Is anyone still hyped for Pokemon Sleep?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

TapLover

Reaction score
It was talked about a lot following the 2019 spin-off conference, but it appears Pokemon Masters is the hot-topic of the bunch now. Detective Pikachu 2 does have a small hype following though.

I'm scared to find out if they only pit a small amount of Pokemon in it, and that's the most-popular ones (and maybe all of Gen 1).

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
There’s really not a lot people can talk about regarding a game that revolves around sleeping, whereas Pokémon Masters and Detective Pikachu 2 have a quite a bit for people to discuss.

Chidamari Sketch

Fallen Angel
Reaction score
There's plenty of reasons why Pokemon Sleep's sorta faded away...

A) The known premise of the game is pretty vague. All that's known is that it involves tracking your sleep patterns.

B) With that knowledge, it comes off as less of a game and more a peripheral that acts as a cute way to manage your sleep. Its sister game, Pokemon Go is a lot more engaging, as on top of its intended premise of encountering Pokemon in real-life, there's Gym Battles, fights against Raid Pokemon, a mission/job system known as 'Research', and (relatively recently) Trainer battles, which in general gives Pokemon Go more content to focus on.

C) It lacks relevance. Pokemon Sw/Sh are the upcoming main games as of this writing and still has info getting squeezed out monthly, therefore leading to discussions and fanart being churned out. Pokemon Masters features a focus on human characters, many of which are fan-favorites like Red and Steven Stone, which is a good way to encourage discussion for veteran Pokemon fans. Detective Pikachu is both Pokemon's first official live-action film and has been a pretty successful one, which leads to enough buzz that the developers had entertained the idea of a sequel. Even Pokemon HOME gets more relevance as its both the supposed successor of Pokemon Bank and it ended up becoming part of the ongoing controversy that is Dexit due to Sw/Sh's Pokemon limits. Because all Pokemon Sleep has is just one announcement, there's only so much discussion and memetic material that it can produce before it'll just... fade away.

Kyriaki

Lovely
Reaction score
Unless there's more information revealed, I'm assuming that it won't get as much interest if it isn't different from other sleep apps.

I'm a little curious what features it would have, though. They could have bonus features like deciding on a pokemon 'sleep assistant' by connecting to one of the Pokemon games (including Pokemon GO)

Or, what if, they have all the pokemon game BGMs in it as alarms and you can unlock them as you record your sleep schedule?

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Or, what if, they have all the pokemon game BGMs in it as alarms and you can unlock them as you record your sleep schedule?
It'd do the one thing thought impossible-make someone hate Pokemon BGM.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I mean, it's a game/app that tracks your sleep. We don't really know a lot about what it does and what's fun about it. So of course people aren't excited for it, they really haven't conveyed why you should want it. Or at least not yet.

I've seen no hype about Detective Pikachu 2.
Me neither. All Detective Pikachu 2 has had is a title drop, there's nothing been revealed about its story or gameplay or anything. Granted, because it's a sequel to a known commodity, there's a little more we can glean from that than Sleep, but there's been too little concrete information revealed about it either for people to really get excited for. It's pretty much in the same boat Sw/Sh was in back in 2017/2018 before it was officially revealed.

Yami-no-Game

Reaction score
It's the Pokemon version of Big Brother, so what more is there to discuss about it? Invasion of privacy isn't exactly revolutionary in this day and age.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Invasion of privacy? You're not forced to use the game, and players already know that it's being used to record sleep habits. By that logic, an online journal is the next Big Brother.

TapLover

Reaction score
It was the hot topic of the 2019 Pokemon Press Conference, but then it moved onto Pokemon Masters (which was hyped-to-death and when it got released, became a success). Pokemon Sleep is in the "no one cares" category now, with Detective Pikachu 2 getting a occasional mention every now-and-then. But is anyone still hyped for it?