• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is no one into Pokemon Sleep anyone?

Is anyone still hyped for Pokemon Sleep?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

TapLover

Reaction score
It was talked about a lot following the 2019 spin-off conference, but it appears Pokemon Masters is the hot-topic of the bunch now. Detective Pikachu 2 does have a small hype following though.

I'm scared to find out if they only pit a small amount of Pokemon in it, and that's the most-popular ones (and maybe all of Gen 1).

There's plenty of reasons why Pokemon Sleep's sorta faded away...

A) The known premise of the game is pretty vague. All that's known is that it involves tracking your sleep patterns.

B) With that knowledge, it comes off as less of a game and more a peripheral that acts as a cute way to manage your sleep. Its sister game, Pokemon Go is a lot more engaging, as on top of its intended premise of encountering Pokemon in real-life, there's Gym Battles, fights against Raid Pokemon, a mission/job system known as 'Research', and (relatively recently) Trainer battles, which in general gives Pokemon Go more content to focus on.

C) It lacks relevance. Pokemon Sw/Sh are the upcoming main games as of this writing and still has info getting squeezed out monthly, therefore leading to discussions and fanart being churned out. Pokemon Masters features a focus on human characters, many of which are fan-favorites like Red and Steven Stone, which is a good way to encourage discussion for veteran Pokemon fans. Detective Pikachu is both Pokemon's first official live-action film and has been a pretty successful one, which leads to enough buzz that the developers had entertained the idea of a sequel. Even Pokemon HOME gets more relevance as its both the supposed successor of Pokemon Bank and it ended up becoming part of the ongoing controversy that is Dexit due to Sw/Sh's Pokemon limits. Because all Pokemon Sleep has is just one announcement, there's only so much discussion and memetic material that it can produce before it'll just... fade away.

Unless there's more information revealed, I'm assuming that it won't get as much interest if it isn't different from other sleep apps.

I'm a little curious what features it would have, though. They could have bonus features like deciding on a pokemon 'sleep assistant' by connecting to one of the Pokemon games (including Pokemon GO)

Or, what if, they have all the pokemon game BGMs in it as alarms and you can unlock them as you record your sleep schedule?

I mean, it's a game/app that tracks your sleep. We don't really know a lot about what it does and what's fun about it. So of course people aren't excited for it, they really haven't conveyed why you should want it. Or at least not yet.

I've seen no hype about Detective Pikachu 2.

Me neither. All Detective Pikachu 2 has had is a title drop, there's nothing been revealed about its story or gameplay or anything. Granted, because it's a sequel to a known commodity, there's a little more we can glean from that than Sleep, but there's been too little concrete information revealed about it either for people to really get excited for. It's pretty much in the same boat Sw/Sh was in back in 2017/2018 before it was officially revealed.

Invasion of privacy? You're not forced to use the game, and players already know that it's being used to record sleep habits. By that logic, an online journal is the next Big Brother.

It was the hot topic of the 2019 Pokemon Press Conference, but then it moved onto Pokemon Masters (which was hyped-to-death and when it got released, became a success). Pokemon Sleep is in the "no one cares" category now, with Detective Pikachu 2 getting a occasional mention every now-and-then. But is anyone still hyped for it?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom