• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is the PokemonTV app so wildly inconsistent?

EvilChameleon

Just call me EC!
Reaction score
For instance, just this week alone, we have 1 new Johto episode, and the other 4 "new" episodes are ones we just had two weeks ago, that were just rotated out last week.

Other times the pictures don't match the episode, sometimes it doesn't update at midnight, sometimes they leave out an entire region for a day, etc.

Who runs this thing? Why can they never get it correct?

TPCI and Viz are not the same company.

Back on-topic, I imagine the PokemonTV App is only being run by a few people and isn't that high on anyone's priority list.

Also, when will they put XY in? I'm not waiting until the WHOLE series finishes airing.

It really is inconsistent. Sometimes the episode images are just maybe 1 ep out of place, but once I saw a picture of a Miltank on To Master The Onixpected...!

Now they've... well I don't know what exactly they have done. They finally added a movie (the first one), but now there are no dividers by region, most episodes are from the first season, and anything else is random Hoenn episodes.

I was actually watching the Diamond and Pearl series with the app and was kind of miffed that they changed it so suddenly. On another note, it's nice to see that they put the first movie up in widescreen. Hopefully a new DVD release won't be too far off, or maybe that's hoping too much?

I was actually watching the Diamond and Pearl series with the app and was kind of miffed that they changed it so suddenly.

I was watching Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh episodes recently. Last night the app wouldn't load. Now it's all this random stuff. Hope this isn't a permanent change.

Speaking of Mewtwo Strikes Back, did anyone else notice the opening credits are textless? Also, I wonder if they plan on showing all of the movies or just the first one since they have a widescreen copy.

Speaking of Mewtwo Strikes Back, did anyone else notice the opening credits are textless? Also, I wonder if they plan on showing all of the movies or just the first one since they have a widescreen copy.

I was skimming through the video earlier this afternoon and noticed it was textless too. I also noticed that it was widescreen and was gonna comment on it on here but wasn't aware there was a somewhat dedicated Pokemon TV thread. Hope for future DVD/BD release? I doubt it but I do hope...

I honestly thought it was my device bugging out and not the app itself. I'm glad to know it's the actual app lol.

They've swapped it out for the second movie now. I guess they managed to get a hold of the remastered footage that was released on Blu-ray in Japan a few years back. This also means that, if they continue, movie 5 won't have the awful blue tint.

I think I prefer it this way, them showing a season at a time. Hopefully they'll continue like this for every season, I've been trying to re-watch the anime.

I just found out about the movies streaming on the website. Does anyone know the length of the first movie? When Cartoon Network aired it back in January 2014, they cut some parts out. Were said parts (the flame going up before Giovanni installs Mewtwo's armor, some shots of the harbor and Pokemon Center, etc) reinstated? Thanks!

I was actually watching the Diamond and Pearl series with the app and was kind of miffed that they changed it so suddenly. On another note, it's nice to see that they put the first movie up in widescreen. Hopefully a new DVD release won't be too far off, or maybe that's hoping too much?

Was it stretched or was it at the right proportions?

The entire third season (starting with the first episode in Johto) is now on the PokemonTV app.

Most of the websites nowadays don't have a lot of episodes, even Netflix has let me down.

It also looks like they returned to the old format with episodes from each series available.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom