• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Why is your favorite Pokemon game your favorite?

Like_Fahrenheit

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
Platinum is my favorite for a few reasons. First and foremost it was my first new Pokemon game since FireRed in 2004 (about 4.5 years). So the rush of excitement when starting a new game was compounded with the time spent away from the games. Before I played X, Platinum had the most time I played with well over 400 hours. I was finally able to trade with people online because no one I knew played Pokemon anymore. (first trade I ever made on the GTS was my Palkia for a Chimchar (to test out the service before starting a new game)). It was the first game where I finally got my own Gengar through the dongle system.

I think Giratina is the coolest Legendary. I love the Sinnoh region and think it's the best designed. The music is top tier. THE FESTIVAL PLAZA! while admittedly lack-luster, I still had a lot of fun with the mini-games. Robust post-game. all the events (Shaymin, Darkrai, Rotom, etc.), the Vs. Seeker, the Clefairy game corner. My only major problems are that gameplay can be a bit slow, abundance of HMs, and the single use TMs (all of which will probably be fixed in BDSP).

sc0lipede

i am just a little creature [INACTIVE]
Reaction score
Pronouns
they/them
Black and White are my favorites, mostly because they were the first Pokemon games I ever played. I had no idea how the mechanics worked and my understanding of type matchups ended up being wrong, so I looked up a walkthrough online and beat it for the first time. Good memories. :enzap:

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
it's a tie between Emerald, Platinum, and SoulSilver, but i'll go with SoulSilver here:

- introducing the (admittedly odd but fun) pokeathlon, which i think, for me at least, indicates that there should be more playable mini-games that aren't contests. maybe i've been spoiled by mini-games because i've had a blast with them in pokemon stadium 2, but every pokemon game should absolutely have something fun to do outside of battling for the player to just wind down and enjoy.

- has battle frontier. sorry, i know people are sick of hearing about it, but i enjoyed it.

- has pokemon following you. more than this though, the flavour text that comes up when you interact with your pokemon is a highlight and really makes enjoyable.

- not that i put a whole lot of stock in this, but the sprites/general art style of hgss are something i definitely like.

- it's worth noting that there was an item that would let you listen to retro gen 2 osts which i think is hella underrated (although to be honest... i havent made as much use of it myself like i should but i definitely still appreciate its inclusion, regardless).

- my memory is quite hazy of this so i'm not 100% sure, but i vaguely recall you can get other games' legendaries in hgss, which i thought was pretty cool!

- had a lot of memories playing it with my irl friends (same with plat/emerald)

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom